Author Topic: Taking Sides  (Read 6905 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Taking Sides
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 05:30:17 pm »
I have to confess that in recent months I have become a frequent watcher of "The View." I had never watched it before, but it coincided with my workout time, and now I'm hooked. And Rose is the best part of it. I'd never particularly liked her, and now I'm a huge fan. She is hilarious.

I thought Donald Trump could be kind of amusing when I thought he didn't take himself too seriously. But apparently, he does.  :P

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 06:08:34 pm »
Totally agree, Katherine.  I used to not be able to stand Rosie when she would just appear on other people's talk shows years ago (when she was in a few movies like "A League of Their Own.")  Liked her on her own show a lot.  LOVE her on The View.  Actually, the precise moment I fell in love with her was when Kathy Griffith was describing something she did (sort of) to Sharon Stone (who I *cannot* stand) at an AIDS charity event.  Sharon Stone was the emcee, and got up in the beginning and read the words to John Lennon's "Imagine" aloud, excruciatingly melodramatically.  It was one of those unintentionally funny moments.  Kathy Griffith was set to do a stand-up bit during it, and Rosie knew that, so she went over to Kathy and told her that if she parodied that by reading the lyrics to some other, non-serious, song in a dramatic way, she'd give $25,000.00 to the charity.  Kathy did one better and read the lyrics to "Hound Dog" (you know, "You ain't nothin' but a hound dog, cryin' all the time...").  Rosie gave her a check for $50,000.00 to give to the charity.

LOVE her.  And when she said, "Sit and spin, my friend," to/about The Donald, I about spit, I was laughing so hard.
No more beans!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 07:06:01 pm »
I used to like Rosie when she had her own afternoon talk show.   But after she came out it seems like she sure got loud and nasty.    What happened to the sweet Rosie we thought we knew?   

She is just trying to be provocative on the "View" to get the ratings up and secure her position there.   

Trump is far from perfect, but he is entertaining.   He should be above getting into petty disputes like this.    But then again,  even bad publicity is good publicity right?  His show is not getting the ratings it used to either.

Sorry, but I don't find Rosie funny anymore.   She has an agenda and it is clear as Trumps bad hair.   

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 07:18:44 pm »
Oh! Thanks Barb!

I read about this miss USA thing - seemed to have been blown out of all proportion - she has drank underage and snogged another female. Has the world come to an end since she did that!?

Hey! I've did that and I was a goody two shoes (and our drinking age is 18!)!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 09:00:57 pm »
Both are publicity whores.  Ye gods, Trump on the morning show giving the most lame-ass excuses I ever heard for keeping Rosie at the top of his public hit list.

Rosie though scored points for her comment 'Trump is obsessed about me!'

Talk about keeping the feud rolling and people talking.  ::) ::)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 11:52:33 pm »
Trump needs to go away and Rosie needs to shut up. Their fifteen minutes expired a long time ago.

AFUKINMEN,,,,AGAIN...AND....AGAIN....AND....AGAIN...

janice

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 11:55:09 pm »
I CANNOT STAND Donald Trump. I can't even stand to look at him. He makes me sick.

SOOOOOO........ I'm taking Rosie's side; at least when it comes to this scandal/fiasco/whatever.  :P
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.