Author Topic: Jess & Roland's not-so-Cool-Room EXPOSED!!!  (Read 104219 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Jess & Roland's not-so-Cool-Room EXPOSED!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 11:52:59 pm »
dang...that is a long drive. I didn't realize you were having to go that far...

I notice you been posting in your threads,,,you gonna get in trouble?

Didn't I tell ya - it's 650 KM north a Toronto - roughly 450 miles miles - wait the math is wrong - must be closer ta 750 km!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 06:04:01 am by Sheriff Roland »
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2006, 11:54:14 pm »
well I aint never heard a such!! What the heck did they do that for?

everybody just needs to learn English and it will all be good...

You of course are bein cynical - otherwise, I'd take offence ta that comment!!! >:(
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 06:03:29 am by Sheriff Roland »
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2006, 11:56:00 pm »
You of course are bein cynical - otherwise, I'd take offence ta that comment!!! >:(

moi!!???

^^
Look I know all about French!!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 06:03:07 am by Sheriff Roland »

injest

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2006, 11:58:02 pm »
so who is cooking Christmas dinner? When do ya'll open presents...do ya'll open presents??
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 06:02:48 am by Sheriff Roland »

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2006, 12:05:54 am »
so who is cooking Christmas dinner? When do ya'll open presents...do ya'll open presents??

OK here's some of our holiday traditions:

First - there's the midnight mass - which hasn' been at midnight in over a decade - could be 8 pm or 10 pm - not sure, this year

then comes the openin a the presents - we aren't at my parents's place for the first year ever, seein as we sold the place like 2 days ago - so it's happenin at Daniel (my brother - where I'm stayin) & Denyse's place.

After that comes the "réveillon" - a large meal - near midnight - when we were younger we'd also stay up - singin, talkin, playin board games until the wee hours a the mornin, but now we basically don't do much except eat - OH BTW - I'm responsible fer preparin the "réveillon" - though Denyse (I think) has already prepared the turkey & bought the meat pies

To be continued ...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 06:02:27 am by Sheriff Roland »

injest

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2006, 12:09:11 am »
you 'think' she has the turkey??? Roland it is two days away!! you best be finding out!

are you sad about the house? does it feel more real now? that must be hard. I have always envied people that had a home. We moved so much when I was little there is really no place I feel like being home..
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 06:01:41 am by Sheriff Roland »

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 12:13:35 am »
Then on Christmas day - there is usually a small lunch, and the family with in-laws have supper with their in-laws while my sister & brother (who chose not ta come up ta Timmins this year) prepare the Christmas meal with me for us unattached sibblings (I have one more brother who will likely join my mom & me for the Christmas meal) - for which I am again responsible ta prepare the meal - again at Daniel & Denyse's place

Ya see it's all about eating and talkin

Oh BTW, D&D usually finish visitin with denyse's parents quite early (7 pm) and spend the rest a the evenin on christmas with Daniel's side a the family

TBC
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 06:10:44 am by Sheriff Roland »

injest

Re: Jess & Roland's not-so-Cool-Room EXPOSED !!!
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2006, 12:20:27 am »
ok...getting confused

you are at your brother's Daniel

you have a sister that lives in Timmons too

and ANOTHER brother who did not come home this year?

Right??
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 01:02:03 am by Sheriff Roland »

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
Re: Jess & Roland's not-so-Cool-Room EXPOSED !!!
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2006, 12:21:22 am »
you 'think' she has the turkey??? Roland it is two days away!! you best be finding out!

are you sad about the house? does it feel more real now? that must be hard. I have always envied people that had a home. We moved so much when I was little there is really no place I feel like being home..

I said I wasn't sure who had cooked the turkey - daniel or denyse - of course there will be turkey - they KNOW I can't cook it!

"Sad" - no but it does feel strange - my mother certainly felt strange when she last visited the place (daniel sent us an e-mail sayin how she just look from the kitchen table into the living room and shook her head for a long time) - she's been livin there for some 57 years!

"More real" - dunno - maybe a little surreal

Yea - it did feel like there was always a place in timmins - the homestead kinda thing - you may not have had that for yerself, but ya made one for your kid - gotta be proud a that!

« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 01:02:55 am by Sheriff Roland »

injest

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2006, 12:25:09 am »
yes...it even has an ATTIC with all the leftovers of years of living for D to have to rummage thru when Don and I leave....little memories of our lives...the sad times and the happy ones. Things we never told him about...

You have no idea how much that means to me...(well maybe you do) :-\
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 06:10:19 am by Sheriff Roland »