Author Topic: Gyllenhaals vacation interrupted by fire...........  (Read 2281 times)

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
Gyllenhaals vacation interrupted by fire...........
« on: December 29, 2006, 09:08:34 am »
 :(  I just read this on MSN - seems there was a fire where Jake and Maggie were vacationing  - here is the link:

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=246253&GT1=7701

our Jake even helped pull stuff from the fire - what a nice guy he is!! :D
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
Re: Gyllenhaals vacation interrupted by fire...........
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 11:29:28 am »
Just heard about it.  They were vacationing in a rustic San Fran hotel where a tree crashed into a water heater and  caused the fire.

"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 03:22:47 pm »
Yeah, I heard about that. Isn't it interesting?
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Offline lil darlin

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 08:00:24 pm »
I also read about the fire from the articles posted by Herman Gyllenhaal on another site called the gyllenhaalgroup.  The place Jake and his family were staying at is a lodge in Inverness, CA, north of San Francisco.  Manka's restaurant was destroyed.  Everyone ran out of the lodge at about 2:30 in the morning in the cold and rain.  Apparently Jake and his family were there fro the whole weekend to celebrate Christmas.  It seems as though they have been there many times before, especially while Jake was filming Zodiac.  I appreciate him all the more for his good heart and unselfish help he gave one the owners in saving some of their belongings.
there were other well known people there, but no one else helped as far as i know that wasn't a firefighter.  I'm tickled because Inverness is about 25 minutes from where I live in Northern CA.  Imagine being that close to Jake and not even knowing.  I'm glad he was relaxing in such a beautiful place.  Hope he returns sometime.
   Glory

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 04:48:32 am »
Judy, always nice to see you here.  Thanks for posting this.