Author Topic: NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS  (Read 5429 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS
« on: December 31, 2006, 05:25:48 pm »
Well, it's New Year's Eve (or, as I learned from Anke - Sylvester).

Where I come from, people make New Year's Resolutions.  Kind of like vows to do more or better or quit.  Usually an intention to take some kind of action, or to develop a new habit.

What are yours?  Do you believe in New Year's Resolutions?  What have your experiences of them been in the past?

Offline Ellemeno

Re: NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 05:30:10 pm »
I am declaring 2007 the Year of the Foot and the Tooth.  Very unglamorous, but I am going to take action to heal my body that I have been putting off.  I am going to muster up the courage to have a voluntary wisdom tooth extraction, and to get some help for a foot injury.

I also, in a low key way, want to continue a trend I started this year, of taking on fewer responsibilities.  It's been feeling good to have more breathing room in my life, to have small to do lists with very little that is urgent on them.  I wish I had started that sooner.  It's a big change for me, and I love it.

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone else's. 

:)

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 05:31:43 pm »
One year, I resolved not to have any resolutions.

Though I usually resolve to spend less time on the internet. I never manage to keep that one.  ::)

I think that this year, I will resolve to eat dark chocolate when I get moody.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 05:37:30 pm »
Mel, I considered writing that my resolution is to spend more time on BetterMost. :)

I'm not matue enough to like dark chocolate.  I'm a milk chocolate girl.  I could resolve to eat milk chocolate when you get moody. :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 05:47:31 pm by Ellemeno »

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 05:40:05 pm »
How about if I resolve not to try to quit anything when it's That Time of the Month? And you can eat milk chocolate, and I'll eat dark chocolate, and all will be well in the universe. ;D
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 05:45:32 pm »
Quote from: Ellemeno
I could resolve to eat milk chocolate when you get moody. :)
:laugh:

on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 06:19:54 pm »
Well, the thing about dark chocolate is that it's got stuff in it that's good for you--flavornoids, or sumpin'--so you can eat chocolate and feel virtuous.  ;D

(J.W. waits for the chorus of folks who don't want to feel virtuous when they eat chocolate. ...  ;D )

I don't make resolutions, but after all the disruptions of the holidays, I have to get myself back on my regular pattern of going to the gym. Working out isn't keeping my weight down, or building any muscles, but it does clear my mind and calm my nerves tremedously.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 05:52:11 am »
for all the chocolate lovers:

enjoy!

I'll try to post my 1000th post this year  :)

and meeting lots of brokies in Alberta, but maybe that's not really a resolution! All in all, I'm happy with my life. Nothing really needs changing. Maybe that will be my new year's resolution: to keep it that way and be grateful for life's small treasures...

happy new year!  :)

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 11:34:11 am »
Happy New Year!

Like many things, I no longer believe in New Year's Resolutions like I used to.  I think it just puts undue pressure on myself and opens up yet another opportunity to feel guilty.  So to hell with it.

But to those who like to try to make and keep such resolutions, all the best to you.  And save me some chocolate.  :)
No more beans!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 11:55:15 am »
How about if I resolve not to try to quit anything when it's That Time of the Month? And you can eat milk chocolate, and I'll eat dark chocolate, and all will be well in the universe. ;D

I'm with you on the dark chocolate, Mel!! I'll bring a generous supply with me to work for our full moon chat (and let me know what times are best for you). This is the best example I know of where the expression "If you can't fix it, Mel, you've got to stand it" fits!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"