Author Topic: Brokeback Mountain Radio  (Read 60051 times)

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Brokeback Mountain Radio
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2006, 07:03:10 pm »
Howdy everyone,

:D  Keep listening and keep voting for your favorite songs!  :D

I am watching the statistics very closely and will be using the track ratings to decide which songs to delete from the playlist from time to time.  I hope you all are enjoying the station.  If you have any comments or recommendations, please please please send them my way via PM.  :D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2006, 08:59:58 pm »
Thanks, Eric, we will!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2007, 03:45:02 pm »
This is my first post to the group so I hope I don't say something stupid  ;) I think this Brokeback radio idea is fantastic. Being that I have always been extremely interested in music and have always in a way created playlists myself this concept is very interesting to me. I have an incredibly wide range of music and know a lot of music. But that don't mean you can ask me questions on things like opera, because I will not know that  ;D There are limitations to "a wide range of music." Anyway, I couldn't help but notice an earlier post about Linda Ronstadt and it brought to mind probably one of her first songs that I heard the other day somewhere. The name of it is "Different Drum" Have any of you heard it?

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2007, 12:27:41 am »
This is my first post to the group so I hope I don't say something stupid  ;)

First, a very big welcome to you!  And don't worry about saying something stupid.  A whole mess of our residents register, read, and never say anything at all.  I'd rather read the contributions of our folks than not read anything at all!

Thanks also for the song suggestion.  For those who want to review, here is the song in question:

You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2007, 01:24:11 pm »
I'm listening to it right now, from her Greatest Hits album on vinyl! Wow, thanks for pointing out that song! I always thot Dusty Springfield sang that! It was recorded in 1967 and written by Mike Nesmith of the Monkees!!

Welcome, jstephens9, to BetterMost! It was nice chatting with you this morning!! BetterMost may be a smaller group of people, but we have quite a few devoted posters and some special features like the radio stations and the real-time chat!! I'm also very proud of our Social Events Forum and our organized events, which are supported by our admins, mods, and our BetterMost community!!

Make yourself at home here! You'll have a cuppa coffee, wont you? Piece a cherry cake?

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2007, 02:23:09 am »
I'm listening to it right now, from her Greatest Hits album on vinyl! Wow, thanks for pointing out that song! I always thot Dusty Springfield sang that! It was recorded in 1967 and written by Mike Nesmith of the Monkees!!

Welcome to the new peeps! 

I have heard "Different Drum" six bazillion times and never realized it was Linda Ronstadt.  And written by Mike Nesmith!  (That little hat)  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2007, 02:14:54 am »
Welcome To Bettermost Kellyjay! We're glad you're a part of our family!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2007, 04:55:08 am »
Hey Eric! I know you're still on your trip, but you can read it later.
You got one of your regulars back  :D. When I came home from the BBQ, my husband had bought new loudspeakers. Way better than the broken ones ever were. Brokeback radio is even better now  :).

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2007, 10:18:33 am »
Hey Penthesilea, I am glad you made it back to Germany ok. It was GREAT meeting you and you are so much fun to be around. I definitely am glad you had Fire  :) I think everybody had a great time at the BBQ. I know I sure did.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2007, 10:21:14 am »
I'm glad so many people like "Different Drum" and yes it was listed as being by the Stone Poneys which is the group Linda began in. I actually have a 45RPM record of it that I got from somewhere. I collect them so I have a lot of 45s. Someone mentioned a song by Judy Collins. Here's another Judy Collin's song that might work for the station "Both Sides Now". Has anyone heard that one?

Jack