Author Topic: Brokeback Mountain Radio  (Read 60065 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Brokeback Mountain Radio
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2007, 09:40:05 pm »
I'm glad so many people like "Different Drum" and yes it was listed as being by the Stone Poneys which is the group Linda began in. I actually have a 45RPM record of it that I got from somewhere. I collect them so I have a lot of 45s. Someone mentioned a song by Judy Collins. Here's another Judy Collin's song that might work for the station "Both Sides Now". Has anyone heard that one?

Jack

Okay, Stone Poneys (sp?) sounds familiar.  Didn't know that was Linda Ronstadt.  I'm certainly familiar with Judy Collins version of "Both Sides Now."  Maybe we could have a Joni Mitchell version instead?  It's her song, she's not (as) shrill.  She has a later version that has so much of her age and wisdom showing through, it's very cool.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2007, 11:52:51 am »
Hey Penthesilea, I am glad you made it back to Germany ok. It was GREAT meeting you and you are so much fun to be around. I definitely am glad you had Fire  :) I think everybody had a great time at the BBQ. I know I sure did.

Hey Jack, I just saw your message today! Thank you. I can give the complements right back at ya: you're an easy going companion, and we sure had fun together. I was thankful to have another smoker in our road trip group, because being alone outside for a smoke isn't half the fun than smoking with a nice fella.
I didn't know you before the BBQ at all, and only had heard your name once, at the pre-BBQ chat. But I'm glad I've come to know you  :D.

Have you already checked out the pics and reports over at the BBQ thread? Come over, share some pics, if you have some, and say hi to your fellow BBQers. The pics start about this page (page 72), with people taking their leave for the trip and FRont-Ranger posting first pics of the early arrivers.
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,5791.1065.html

C'mon, hundreds of pics and stories are waiting for you. Great pics of you, too.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 12:01:35 pm by Penthesilea »

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2007, 06:59:00 pm »
Keep all the suggestions coming.  I'll be updating the playlist this week or weekend....   :D

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2007, 12:25:12 pm »
Are thumbs up or down logged anonymously, or can you tell who voted and which way they voted?  What would happen if I kept clicking thumbs up or down for a song I really liked or didn't like?  Not that I would do anything like that, but I have clicked thumbs up two times in a row on a song I *really* like. 

The thumbs up and thumbs down votes are anonymous.  Please do vote up or down for the songs you like or don't like.  :D

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2007, 06:23:33 pm »
Oh, you stole my idea!  I was going to suggest Joni's later version as well.  I understand there a limitations to how many songs by the same artist can be played in a certain time period, but I think it would be cool to hear both her old and newer versions on BbM Radio.  Kinda like the contrast between Jack's look of love in the flashback and his sad, bitter look on his and Ennis's last meeting. 

When I first heard her more recent version, I didn't believe it was her.  Her voice really has changed.  Does she smoke and drink lots of whiskey?  Her voice is still lovely, but, wow, what a difference from the sweetness that it was back in the day.  I wonder if she can still hit that high note in "Big Yellow Taxi" anymore. 

Good comparison!  I know she was a smoker for years, and you can sure hear it.  She might still.