Author Topic: Brokeback Mountain inspired Fan Fic recommendations  (Read 32479 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Brokeback Mountain inspired Fan Fic recommendations
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 11:47:27 am »
nope, never did.  I stopped dead at the specific paragraph in question and did not go on.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

mvansand76

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 12:19:18 pm »
nope, never did.  I stopped dead at the specific paragraph in question and did not go on.

:o Really? You are really missing something!

one_of_one

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 04:00:53 pm »
You sure are Louise....Jack gets his fingernails extracted and loses a kidney in later chapters....

;D

Seriously, it's a good fic, Louise, you missed out by not continuing.   :)

mvansand76

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 04:06:07 pm »
You sure are Louise....Jack gets his fingernails extracted and loses a kidney in later chapters....

Uhm thanks Helen for the image in my head.... :(

;)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 05:12:52 pm »

;D

Seriously, it's a good fic, Louise, you missed out by not continuing.   :)

LOL! Well, that's one way to get someone to read a fic  ;)

Seriously though, you really should try it again, it was a brilliant story!  :)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 05:28:40 pm »
Uhm thanks Helen for the image in my head.... :(

;)

Heh heh

;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 06:18:26 pm »
no thanks. I dont read and I don't watch things that include torture.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 06:28:43 pm »
As a rec (because I've been thinking about it today...)

How about The Wolf and the Thunderbird by Kumari.

Like SOG, before I got into AU!AU I would have heard the premise of this and ran the other way. It's J/E (but it seems like that's okay to rec here?). It takes place in 70's texas. Jack is a 17 year old runaway, making his living as a prostitute. Ennis is the hard working, poor sort who works at a gas station/truck stop where Jack winds up for a while turning tricks. They meet and....

K.E. features prominently in a really unique way, I've never seen him used in a fic like this. He and his wife, as well as the del Mar background, are all incredibly intriguing. And the story has a real first love, I want to explore everything about you innocence in the parts between J/E that is so incredibly well written. (Nobody's Angel is a good one for first love innocence as well.)

Jack's youth, to me, is heartbreaking in this fic... I'll rustle up a link!  :)

edit: here's a link to the first chapter  ;D http://debutante9.livejournal.com/2598.html
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 06:31:30 pm by littleguitar »
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 06:55:07 pm »
I love the Wolf and the Thunderbird too, Mandy. And as you know I've been asking about updates to it!

I really really LOVE KE in this one. I LOVE it that he isn't the bad guy in this fic  :)

Jack AND Ennis are both heartbreaking in this fic. I'll never forget the scene where Ennis walked in on Jack at the gas station  :( Do you remember that?

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 07:00:37 pm »
Do you remember that?

oh god yes... that was hard. And the following scene when Jack goes to ask Ennis' forgiveness and his confession about his dad  :'(

Ennis is reallly unique in this fic, too. This fic constantly reminds me of his line "You may be a sinner but I ain't yet had the opportunity"... I keep calling it innocence because I don't know what else to call it, but I think she's really captured Ennis.