Author Topic: Brokeback Slang, a.k.a. Much Ado About Brokeback  (Read 206532 times)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Brokeback Slang.
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 05:04:07 am »
What I'd really like to see is something on "Ennis decoded"--a line of Ennis dialogue along with our interpretations of what it means. For instance, what does "When you don't got nothin you don't need nothin" mean???  ???

Okay, I'll have a lash:  "Alma Jnr, when one has little in way of emotional and spiritual fulfilment in one's life and one has lost the love of ones life to murder...making unnecessary material purchases on the part of furnishing one's trailer would be making a statement that one's life is full when, really, one's heart is as empty as one's trailer."

*channelling Hugh Grant here*
:laugh: :laugh: Sheyne! If we go on, the film would last 5 hours!

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 05:10:27 am »
Yeah well try this, an I'll say it just once:

Screenplay:
"I doubt there's a filly that could throw me! Let's get, n'less you wanna sit around tyin knots all day."

Decoded:

Ennis, my sun, my moon, my love - (bolded dialogue is optional), do not fear for my safety, for I am much accomplished at staying a-horse when my mount is skittish, for I am a rodeo cowboy.  May I suggest we attend to our task at hand, now?  For though you have demonstrated skill at securing our foodstuffs, implements and utensils with rope, I feel we should leave and head up the mountain to start work.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 07:42:49 am by hungry_hungryhippos »
Chut up!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 07:25:09 am »
This thread could be one to rival the malaysian subtitles!!

I'm sorry, this deserves to be posted here, its hilarious!  :laugh:

Jack: Honestly, I didn't know we were going to be romantic partners again. Oh, that's a big lie! I knew it and I was speeding all the way and couldn't get here fast enough.

ROFL! That interpreation just makes me think of jack in extremely camp mode... I'm a little teapot and all that!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 09:54:05 am »
"It must be all yer time a'horseback that makes it so good."

Ennis, my sun, my moon, my love, you are a talented and exquisite lover. The fact that you keep yourself in excellent physical condition through horseback riding must be part of the reason.

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 10:12:19 am »
Leslie--

It's all about those thigh and rump muscles--

!

;)

John
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 11:50:23 am »
I am having a moment of communion with a creative higher being, expressing my gratitude that you neglected to bring along your air-current activated tonal musical device.

I...am...a...robot.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 12:03:54 pm »
I am having a moment of communion with a creative higher being, expressing my gratitude that you neglected to bring along your air-current activated tonal musical device.

I...am...a...robot.

LOL Henrypie! You have had me in fits of giggles for the past 5 minutes at that! I especially love the, "expressing my gratitude that you neglected to bring along your air-current activated tonal musical device."

Toodles, I am off to go play myself a "air-current activated tonal musical device" :laugh:
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 12:26:48 pm »
Hilarious, Sarah!

Perhaps you have transgressed, but for my own part I am still awaiting a sufficiently tempting offer. ;)

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 04:33:18 pm »
You would like a mug of something hot and caffeinated, wouldn't you?  And perhaps a slice of scantily fruited dessert?

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 04:35:13 pm »
You would like a mug of something hot and caffeinated, wouldn't you?  And perhaps a slice of scantily fruited dessert?

LOL Sarah! Can't you just imagaine Homer Simpson saying: "MMMmmmm....scantily fruited dessert!"  :laugh:
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.