Author Topic: Brokeback Slang, a.k.a. Much Ado About Brokeback  (Read 206430 times)

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
Re: Brokeback Slang.
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2006, 07:46:15 pm »
As Jack sits alone in the dark on the mountain tending the sheep, a glow is seen from Ennis' campfire in the valley

= "But soft!  What light through yonder window breaks?"

Tis the east.. and Ennis is the sun... arise fair sun and kill the envious moon who is already sick and pale with grief....

From 1st Tent Scene:

Jack (grabbing Ennis's hand for the first time): Come to thy heart as that within my breast!

(Ennis jerks away)

Jack: O,wilt thou leave me so unsatisfied?

Ennis: (in low gutteral "whaarryuun" type voice) What satisfaction canst thou have tonight?

Jack: Th'exchange of thy love's faithful vow for mine!

(Ennis hauls Jack onto all fours and shoves his jeans down.)

Jack: ...Or this works too.

Chut up!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2006, 07:50:42 pm »
LOL Sheyne! I am having to gag myself cause I promised I would only be 10 minutes on the computer and it is now an hour later and my parents are asleep! You guys are really good at this, you would have thought me being English and all I would have been good at this, but mine have all turned out crappy so far. Anyway gotta run, I need to go to bed. I will talk to you tomorrow! :-*
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2006, 05:08:38 pm »
As Jack sits alone in the dark on the mountain tending the sheep, a glow is seen from Ennis' campfire in the valley

Tis the east.. and Ennis is the sun... arise fair sun and kill the envious moon who is already sick and pale with grief....

From 1st Tent Scene:

Jack (grabbing Ennis's hand for the first time): Come to thy heart as that within my breast!

(Ennis jerks away)

Ennis: (in low gutteral "whaarryuun" type voice) What satisfaction canst thou have tonight?

Love the Shakespearian turn this has taken. More, please!
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

vkm91941

« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2006, 05:56:47 pm »

From 1st Tent Scene:

(Ennis jerks away)

Love the Shakespearian turn this has taken. More, please!

AUTHOR! AUTHOR!  That is so funny!!!.....More Brokeback Romeo and Jacklette  P*L*E*AS*E*

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2006, 06:20:35 pm »
Jimbo the loser to Jack - "Get thee to a Nunnery!"
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2006, 11:41:41 am »
Oh. I suck so much. I thought it was hilarious and wondered why no one else thought it was funny! I feel stoopit!
"I'm tryin' to get a foot rub, dummy."
I see the problem. It looks like I started channeling The Coneheads.

Oh no, Sparkle!!!!! Now I'm the one who feels stupid. I didn't say that as a criticism of your post, only as an admission of my own dunderheaded delayed response. When I finally got it, I thought it was hilarious. Please accept my apologies for the misunderstanding!!!!

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2006, 11:57:12 am »
Don't apologize! It's not a big deal at all. I didn't  :'( or anything. I actually  :laugh: a little because what I posted was pretty out there. So,  ;).
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2006, 02:03:43 pm »
I think what threw me was, when you mentioned pressing the flesh of lower appendages, I forgot all about Cassie and was thinking about the men -- maybe cause that's whose lower appendages I would want to press the flesh of! (And I don't just mean their feet. ;))

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2006, 02:17:37 pm »
From 1st Tent Scene:

(Ennis jerks away)

LOL!  Sheyne:  Bill (as in Shakespeare) would be very proud!  ;D

Sheyne, my 'Shakespearean' got nothing on yours but here goes: ... ;)

When Jack and Ennis part ways, Jack thinks:

"O Ennis, Ennis, I gaze at thine retreating figure, thine shadow falls like a dark cloud on this breaking, heaving chest of mine.   Thou art my purest love, your light doth shineth on the haze of my mind.
Why?  O why the fuck dost thou leaveth me in such turmoil ?? Why my sweetest love? Why?"

;)

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2006, 02:31:53 pm »
 O why the fuck dost thou leaveth me in such turmoil ??

;)
[/quote]

LOL, Lucise, LOVE it! I might have had more fun studying Shakespeare had he thrown in a few 'f***s'!
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"