Author Topic: Brokeback Slang, a.k.a. Much Ado About Brokeback  (Read 205200 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Brokeback Slang.
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2006, 11:24:20 am »

Dear father in law, it might have slipped past your attention, but the building you are currently profaning with your presence is in my possession. The adolescent sitting there at our table is the product of an intimate encounter between me and your beloved daughter. And you are not usually dwelling here and therefore in no position to interfere in my educational methods. Considered all this, may I kindly suggest that you take a seat again? Should you choose not to comply with this instruction, I shall actually feel compelled to inflict considerable pain on your backside with my foot.

lol  ;D

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2006, 11:43:28 am »
Ennis to the dirty ol' biker dudes:

If you do not proceed with immediate effect to stop the precipitation of such blatant profanity in the distinguished company of my spouse and our offspring, I will be incited to forcibly extract the venom that resides in a certain orifice located on your extremely-less-than-spellbinding countenance.

Jack tells Ennis how he redlined it all the way:

I was more than aware of my intense yearning to lay my otherwise downcast eyes on your mesmerizing physique.  Neither the sun nor the stars in all their prowess could dislodge my thoughts from the intention of expeditiously seeking the pleasurable encounter of your company.

;)  Lets have so'more folks!

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2006, 04:27:17 pm »
Wherefore, mother?  We shall sup upon the meats of this feast for a fortnight hence!

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2006, 11:09:31 pm »
For all of us uneducated folk (me), can someone explain who Stephen Fry is?  O0
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2006, 03:39:01 am »
For all of us uneducated folk (me), can someone explain who Stephen Fry is?  O0

Stephen Fry is an openly gay, HILARIOUS Brit comedian / writer / actor. Chuck his name into IMDb (but wash your hands afterwards... lol.. that was nasty I know) and you'll see a list of his works.  He was General Melchett in Blackadder with Rowan Atkinson, he starred with Hugh Laurie (from House) in a comic show "A bit of Fry and Laurie" or something.  One things for sure, he's a bit of a sacred cow in England - I mean, you can't see the Oscars giving the host role to an openly gay person, can you?  But we already knew that the Brits are more evolved - Stephen Fry hosted the BAFTA's this year and did an absolutely wonderful job - he introduced Jake G (who was presenting an award) by saying something like "... an incredibly talented young man about whom I could wax lyrical all night.. and indeed for whom, last night, I just plain waxed. I hope he'll notice!"  I think YouTube still have this clip - its very funny.. straight after Fry said that, it cut to Jake waiting off stage giggling and shaking his head.  Mmmm... very nice.

Hope that helps. Definitely check out IMDb for him, its a very comprehensive list of his stuff.

Cheers,
Sheyne.
Chut up!

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2006, 04:21:07 am »
Sheyne, do you per chance have a link for the Youtube clip?
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2006, 04:29:18 am »
If she doesn't I can email it to you Ray.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2006, 04:31:15 am »
Ennis talking to Mr & Mrs Twist after saying he couldn't tell them how badly he felt:

I had a friend called Jack
He died, He died

Lureen said he was sleeping
She Lied, She Lied

Why oh why is my mate dead
Couldn't that tyre rim have hit me instead?

I'm the sahaaadest man
In fro-ont of you!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 04:37:28 am by Ray »

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2006, 04:34:41 am »
If she doesn't I can email it to you Ray.

Kirk, I sent you a PM.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2006, 06:19:03 am »

Ray, did you photoshop your mop onto Homer's head?!??!!?  LOL...  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't have the link for the You Tube clip unfortunately.  If Kirk hasn't already sent it to you, let me know and I can email it to you..
Chut up!