Author Topic: Brokeback Slang, a.k.a. Much Ado About Brokeback  (Read 205198 times)

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
Brokeback Slang, a.k.a. Much Ado About Brokeback
« on: April 11, 2006, 05:50:24 pm »
Has this been posted?
http://slangcity.com/movie_quote/brokeback_mountain.htm
Maybe we should start our own?

« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 08:37:58 pm by Ellemeno »
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: Brokeback Slang.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 05:59:16 pm »
You have no idea how strong my desire becomes! I'm not you. I can't survive on making love to you up here on the mountain once or twice a year! You are too much for me Ennis, you horrible person! I wish I knew how to leave you.

ROFL! for some reason that part cracked me up!  :laugh:
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 06:07:40 pm »
They butchered this..

"Ennis: I figure we got a one-shot deal going on here.
Jack: It's nobody's business but ours.
Ennis: You know I ain't queer.
Jack: Neither am I."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 06:11:01 pm »
What I'd really like to see is something on "Ennis decoded"--a line of Ennis dialogue along with our interpretations of what it means. For instance, what does "When you don't got nothin you don't need nothin" mean???  ???
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 06:14:11 pm »
Brandon I'm with you on that, and that wasn't even the interpretation, they just thought that was the actual line ROFL

My take on "when you don't got nothing you don't need nothing"...

someone who lives his whole life with very little is comfortable with very little... also, I think it can be said that "when you don't got nothing" is a reference to no longer having Jack, that makes the material things in life somewhat meaningless...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 06:18:08 pm »
"All the travelin' I've done is going 'round the coffee pot lookin' for the handle."

Jack, I have lived my entire life in Wyoming and, as a matter of fact, have not been much further than a 50 mile radius of Riverton.

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 06:39:08 pm »
Ennis:  "What I dont know, all them things I don't know....will get you killed if I should come to know them.."

New Yawk Style:
" I ever find out you're stickin' it to a man 'ho,  I'm gonna kick your sorry butt to Brooklyn and back."

:laugh:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 07:07:07 pm by deedee »
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 07:26:40 pm »
Uh, I've been puttin the blocks to a good-looking little gal in Riverton. A waitress. Says she wants to go to nursing school or sumpn' ...

I've been having sexual relations with an attractive young female cocktail server in my community, just to pass the time and give people the impression that I'm heterosexual. She has outlined her career plans but I didn't pay much attention.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 06:19:04 pm by latjoreme »

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 07:55:56 pm »
What I'd really like to see is something on "Ennis decoded"--a line of Ennis dialogue along with our interpretations of what it means. For instance, what does "When you don't got nothin you don't need nothin" mean???  ???

Okay, I'll have a lash:  "Alma Jnr, when one has little in way of emotional and spiritual fulfilment in one's life and one has lost the love of ones life to murder...making unnecessary material purchases on the part of furnishing one's trailer would be making a statement that one's life is full when, really, one's heart is as empty as one's trailer."

*channelling Hugh Grant here*
Chut up!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 07:59:06 pm »
I'm sorry, this deserves to be posted here, its hilarious!  :laugh:

Jack: Honestly, I didn't know we were going to be romantic partners again. Oh, that's a big lie! I knew it and I was speeding all the way and couldn't get here fast enough.

Got this one from the link posted down below...

ROFLMAO   :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 07:41:40 am by hungry_hungryhippos »
Chut up!