Author Topic: No more Gay Bashing in 2007+  (Read 133256 times)

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
Re: No more Gay Bashing in 2007+
« Reply #200 on: April 27, 2009, 02:31:12 am »
I'm well, thanks.  Only problem is that I lost a day last week.  My friend called to invite me to breakfast and I wondered why he wasn't working.  IT WAS SATURDAY!

...hate it when things like that happen.

{{{Cyberhugs}}}

br. p
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #201 on: April 27, 2009, 11:08:10 pm »
That's funny Br. Patrick!

I do that too!

And I wonder why days, weeks, months, seem to go too fast the older we get!

But when I think that maybe someone will murder me because I am a gay man, then I awake!
Such dangers are still there, yes or no...

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #202 on: April 28, 2009, 05:14:23 am »
Danger is always around us.  We may be driving over a bridge and it collapses.  There are people who CAN'T travel over bridges because of their fear.  I sense that you have a loving compassionate spirit.  Could your fear of being gay-bashed have turned into a phobia? There are ways to deal with phobias.  Any library will have books on the subject. 

For you, I would suggest just live in the NOW.. in the moment, realizing you have God watching over you, loving you.  Open yourself to this comfort.

You also may have an anxiety disorder, I do.  I take medication (Xanax) because without it, I could not leave my apartment.  Do you live in the midst of other First Nation people?  They may suggest a Doctor who could help you.

You are in my prayers, twice daily.   ::)

{{{Cyberhugs}}}

br. p

Offline Artiste

« Reply #203 on: April 28, 2009, 05:25:14 pm »
You do say a lot Br. Patrick!

And not much... too! Like life... is!

I still think that it is normal to be aware of one's own life, and that of others too!
To be protective of one's physical's life, to me, is normal, and likely is so for you too, right...  As one does not walk into a gang that could murder you easily, that is one way to be careful! I do not hang with criminals nor seek them!

That reminds me of a real story, one I was in and witnessed. I was in a park one day, and saw an old man was sitting on the grass, like I was, and everyone there was peaceful! But later on, came that afternoon, a gang, and they started to beat up the old fellow because he was old and that was fun for them. I could not jump right away alone in there and get beaten! Someone else saw that and we both came to his rescue. But why most did not... scares me! Even to-day! That does not bother you, are you saying...

What is worst to-day, is that gangs are more common and drugs wars are increasing, unfortunately. Maybe you are not aware that old as well as young persons are getting murdered for nothing, either for drugs habits of a drug taker or seller, or a gang for fun. Many gangs are now murdering innocent people for fun, more and more... in Canada, the USA and surely elsewhere! Even some gangs are in the USA killing for fun more and more  and getting away with that since not enough police, nor not enough ordinary citizens, ignorants or ignorant that fear, are demanding peace!

I do not need drugs to be at peace; I am a peaceful person and need protection when needed, but that is becoming rare. Have 4 beat you up because you are gay and left you dead in the afternoon... or you been called by 16 policemen who harassed you, your mother and staff, because the new so-called neighbours create lies to the police force and many other civic officials; what would you do...

And the lists go on...

How would you cope... Br. Patrick!

Be nice to know your intent and actions...

au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #204 on: April 29, 2009, 08:19:20 am »
I am truly sorry for the way you have been treated.   What you say is absolutely true.  But it will take GROUP EFFORT to change Society.   We are doing that here at BetterMost simply by existing!  And new people are joining us.  See my reply in my near-death blog for the rest..

{{{Cyberhugs}}}

br. p

Offline Artiste

« Reply #205 on: April 29, 2009, 10:19:29 am »
Yes, it takes group effort,
and how about INDIVIDUAL efforts too,

is that any good....

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #206 on: April 29, 2009, 04:45:23 pm »
What is a group other than a bunch of individuals working for a common cause.  I just wanted to show you just how far we HAVE come.  And we will go much, much further.

Just watched "Milk" on DVD that I bought on amazon.com.   Here is a heroic example of a man who gave his life for gay rights.  And what he started back in the 1970s continues to this very day.  I have a question for you that I have been wondering for some time.  You seem to be on the wrong end of the stick a lot when it comes to gay-bashing.  No judgement implied, but, are you so obviously gay that it makes those who could have the tiniest amount of homophobe in them want to attack you?

If I was sure that I would NOT offend you, I would ask something like "Are you a nellie queen?"  People can get uncomfortable when it is pushed in their face.

NO JUDGEMENTS IMPLIED.. just a simple question that you need not answer.

{{{Cyberhugs}}}

br. p

Offline Artiste

« Reply #207 on: April 29, 2009, 06:43:35 pm »
Merci Br. Patrick!

I do NOT at all accept certain words, never will for fa..ot !!!

Be assured that I am NOT a queen... nor which other word you used!!

I am very masculine looking and acting, but some cons know HOW to steal and beat up gays, I know now, and maybe you have seen that too!! Yes...

Gangs have fun stealing gays, ruining their reputations, and even beating them up and murdering them; do you know that...

I have lost my house to drug warlord who had gangs to kill me because I refused to sell it to him for only $5,000.00 even if it was worth over $200,00.00, did you know that...

Except some old folks, everyone thought that that foreigner passing himself as a decent citizen, thought that he was nice, even when he opened up 3 crack houses in our good neighbourhood and brought in kids from school to sell them happily drugs ( grade 5 elementary)... and so he continued his Islamic-drug warlordhip 24 hrs on 24 hrs murdering those who refused to buy illegal drugs they can never pay! How nice even pastors, priest., etc., thought he was and continued to think because he con them and kept on coning police force, city officials, etc. - these crooks do get around, do you know! And they continued to think well of him, even if they found out otherwise; were they scared or could not care less... tell me!

Au revoir,
hugs! And you think I should take drugs! I do not sell nor want any - never! I am a decent person, gay too!!

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #208 on: April 30, 2009, 06:55:46 am »
STAND PROUD, Artiste, you are in good company here.  And yes, I too have been 'con'd' by a homeless sociopath whom I sheltered for 5 years even though he beat me badly several times.  But he wasn't like that all of the time, just when he drank hard liquor.  I was told in prayer not to reject this man or kick him out.   He is now a recovering alcoholic and has found God.

No matter how badly we are treated, the only way to treat others is with LOVE.

{{{Cyberhugs}}}

br. p

Offline Artiste

« Reply #209 on: May 01, 2009, 12:00:22 am »
Merci Br. Patrick!

You see that I am the only one which had such hard times! Your story shows that!

I can understand what you say, because I took in a man I knew, for many years, since he lost his residence, and I got boiling water from him as he thought that I was a gay man making advances towards him; I did not like the second, etc. degrees, my skin had as that pot had much in it as it was full, and as I did not expect that from that straight man! I was NOT making advance at any time; at that time, I was boiling a chicken for supper for he and I to eat! And he took also the kettle with boiling water and left that too to burn me!

I wonder why straights think that gay want sex with them,
and I ask you that...

Au revoir,
hugs!