Author Topic: OT: Getting to know us (more)! - One RANDOM thing about you!  (Read 23984 times)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: OT: Getting to know us (more)! - One RANDOM thing about you!
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2006, 03:35:51 pm »
My mother was a geologist and a photographer--rock strata make me horny (or something around that time did). CLICK TO ENLARGE
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2006, 03:46:41 pm »
I remember in Junior high, a bunch of my friends had a sleep over. This was the mid-80's and having one pierced ear was the cool thing. My friend that night decided to pierce their ears. They were guys. Going to an ear piercing place was not macho enough, so in their bathrooms with needles and rubbing alcohol, they pierced each other's ears. I being the nerd of the group wasn't pressured too much into doing it, so I didn't.

Good for you, Starbie.  :)  I still can't believe I did one of my own, let alone two.  Where did that girl go?  I was asking passers-by for an epidural on my way to the hospital to have my son years later.  (Though I must say, I had *zero* fear of the needle in that case, too.)

You know, I think I'd have had a much harder time doing someone else's than my own.  Whenever my son has a sliver I need to extract using a needle, it's just the hardest thing in the world even to go through one or two layers of skin of his finger to get it out.
No more beans!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2006, 07:34:12 pm »
Thanks for the jpeg Julie, that's a really sweet one.

Flash,

Della - Reincarnation flashbacks?  Not really.  I don't think I believe the flashbacks I've experienced, except for one.  I had one where I was with my younger brother by a river, and we were washing an Elephant as young men.  I have had one trans-channel tell me that I used to live with tigers

What's a trans-channel?

I've known at least 3 people who either had flashbacks or were strongly unreasonably attracted to a time and place or had horrible aversions to items for no reason (one disliked any kind of pegboards with pegs in them because he felt that in a prior life, as a thief in jolly old England, he had his eyes put out.  An ex-boyfriend could not sit through any movie/tv/book recreations/descriptions of torture.   He'd get up and leave in the middle of a movie if that happened.  He felt as if that had happened to him before in another life).  A ex-boss of mine was Wiccan and she strongly believed in reincarnation.  She believed I had a past life due to my own strong attractants, but I've never had a dream or flashback, just every now and then something will catch my eye and it seems extremely strangely famiiar..

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2006, 05:14:11 am »
I started getting visitations about 10 years ago.  They usually manifest as broken things being mysteriously fixed at times when I need guidance or encouragement.  The last time it happened was the day before my cabaret show in Oct. 2004.  I had a pair of pants that I wanted to wear for the second half of the show and the button had come off of them months previous.  I always wore a belt with them so it didn't matter, but I figured since I was going to be onstage I may as well put one on.  Not having any sewing paraphanalia at home, I put the pants in my backpack and took them to the costume shop at work.  When I got there and took the pants out of the backpack, there was a button on them.  Poof.

I've also had a chip on one of my favorite mugs be miraculously repaired without a scratch.  And I've seen a ghost or two.  One was a little dog that twice appeared on my bed at night, once contentedly laying next to me and once walking in place at the foot of the bed.  Good thing I'm not afraid of spirits.  They're just us without bodies.

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2006, 05:32:47 am »
I've been on a game show.  I was 8 years old and I was on "Just Like Mom" which is unlikely to be known by those not from Canada.  I had gone to a taping with my friend when she was on and decided that it was something I must do.  I have always been an attention whore, lol.  I somehow convinced my painfully shy mother to do the show with me and we had a great time.  It was 1984 so the hair and clothing are quite entertaining.  I had my Cabbage Patch Kid with me, which was strange because the other two kids I competed against had CPKs with them as well....  The idea of the game is like The Newlyweds except with parent and child rather than spouses.  You try to guess the answers the other person gave to questions.  I competed against an adorable boy named Shawn and a bitch (yes, an 8 year old bitch, lol) named Nikki.  She cheated the whole time - when her mom would start to give a wrong answer Nikki would start humming to let her know she was wrong and she'd stop and change her answer.  Can you believe the nerve??!?!?! 

My mom and I got a record-setting zero questions right.  The show culminates in a cook-off where the kids wear chef hats and have to make a certain dessert with a variety of ingredients in front of them.  Then the mothers had to taste each of them (after they were lovingly baked in the microwave, ew) and guess which one was made by their child.  We had to make chocolate coconut bars and I added normal ingredients, including an entire bag of chocolate chips, lol.  The other two were putting in revolting things such as Orange Crush and ketchup (i.e. condiments).  My mama knew she didn't raise no fool, so she picked mine correctly.  However the Cheater and her mother also got it right so she won.  And then she got to spin the Wheel of Prizes to see what she would go home with.  Well, didn't she spin herself the best and rarest prize on the wheel - a trip to DisneyWorld.  I got a t-shirt and a necklace.  I was crushed and CONSUMED with jealousy.  I wanted desperately to kick some 8-year-old ass.  But at the same time, I was on t.v. so that made me very happy.  I got people asking me if I had been on all the way through high school thanks to reruns.  So embarrasing.  It's a little insulting to be recognized at 17 from a show you did at age 8 with a terrible haircut and a red courdoroy dress. 

So that's my random story - hope you enjoy!   8)     
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 05:57:30 am by Nicole »
   Cowboys do it better

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2006, 10:37:04 am »
Kirk, did you see that new picture of sleeping Jack posted on the new photos thread where the blue heeler is curled up beside him? Awesome picture! And Flash/Mandy, I believe in reincarnation too!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

moremojo

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2006, 10:39:32 am »
And I've seen a ghost or two.  One was a little dog that twice appeared on my bed at night, once contentedly laying next to me and once walking in place at the foot of the bed.  Good thing I'm not afraid of spirits.  They're just us without bodies.
I saw the apparition of my departed cat Segunda. My sister and I had Segunda since she was a kitten, and when she was about twelve or thirteen, she became old and sick, finding it difficult to eat and losing a lot of weight fast. My sister and I felt the merciful thing to do was to deliver her to the vet to be medically put to death.

Sometime thereafter, for about a week or so, I kept seeing these little flashes of light in my peripheral vision. I would always glance towards the area where the light seemed to appear, and nothing would be there. Then, one evening at home, I saw another flash of light in my peripheral vision to my right. I glanced in that direction, and saw Segunda come running down the hall, stopping by the front door and looking right at me with a curious expression in her face. Then, just like that, she simply wasn't there anymore. There was nothing frightening about the experience,  and I felt a quiet sense of wonder in the affirmation I had just received that the spirit endures the body's demise.

Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 06:21:35 pm by moremojo »

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2006, 10:56:32 am »
A trans-channel is a person who can leave their body and allow an highly evolved being in to deliver discourses to benefit or teach people.  The most famous transchannel is JZ Knight who channels Ramtha, the subject of the movie "What The Bleep Do We Know?".

Believe it or not I consider myself a Christian who is on his proper path.  It just so happens that I would be persecuted by other Christians (with whom I rarely commune) for walking this path.

Kirkmusic, I have had many experiences with spirits.  The difference is, I prefer that they leave me alone.  I have a hard enough time telling my spirit guides (who are definitely helpers of the light) to butt out of my "bidness".  Oh the arguments they get from me..."If you're sooo good and perfect, then why don't you try living my life?"  I am told my guides laugh it off.  I don't like to be laughed at...

Perhaps this was a little TMI, TMI, TMI....

But at least it was random.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2006, 12:29:01 pm »
Hmm, well I have a variety of crafts that I tend to work on at times, actually part of a business that I'm trying to run. I handblend fragrances for my friends and co-workers. I also make jewelry. And I taught myself the art of calligraphy.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2006, 02:26:18 pm »
Okay, here's another random one, and it might be a bit of a shocker: 

I am sexually attracted to women, hence my slight bi-phobia and heterophobia. 

I would say that only 2% of my sexuality registers as hetero, but when that two percent rears it's head, it ain't pretty.  Kind of animalistic and permiscutary (for you fans of Shirley Q. Liquor).  I've never ever acted upon it, and never will.

I'm actually quite the feminist, and champion of women's rights. However, I could never be emotionally attached to women on anything other than a surface level, for a number of reasons.

So, for those who may think Flashframe is extremely gay - you're right.  But two percent of the time you'll be shocked out of your box (no pun intended).
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"