Author Topic: OT: Getting to know us (more)! - One RANDOM thing about you!  (Read 24001 times)

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
Re: OT: Getting to know us (more)! - One RANDOM thing about you!
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2006, 01:11:21 pm »
 I have TaeKwondo demonstration scars all over my body!

that's actually rather sexy.  :) it'd be fun to count your scars.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2006, 01:50:59 pm »
Wow, I just read this thread from page 1 to page 4. You are an interesting group of people! I never meet such diverse people in real life, maybe it's the homogenization of the suburbs. I don't know.

Ray - Boy George! That's totally cool. I've never known anyone that slept with someone famous.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2006, 03:41:09 pm »
OBEDIENCE just killed me.  ::)

A woman after my own heart! I find it impossible to be obedient without questioning, without having my say... I have a problem with authority (well, others'! lol).
I wouldn't mind the poverty, but chastity... ummm...
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

vkm91941

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2006, 04:31:44 pm »
OBEDIENCE just killed me.  ::)

A woman after my own heart! I find it impossible to be obedient without questioning, without having my say... I have a problem with authority (well, others'! lol).
I wouldn't mind the poverty, but chastity... ummm...

Wel my mom use to say I was a born anachist so obedience was bound to be a problem in retrospect ...At 18 the chastity thing was NO problem...now it would KILL me.. ;)

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2006, 04:49:51 pm »
As random as it can get: I did a lot of roller skating from age 6, and grew up with my knees permanently bleeding/covered in scabs. Didn't stop me for all that. Till I become a teenager and went off sport altogether.

I have my own mystery story: 15 years ago next summer, the guy I loved more than my own life, died in a car crash. I was living abroad,  and I didn't hear the news till after the burial. I didn't know his parents, and since there were no ashes to scatter on any mountain, I couldn't bring myself to get in touch with them. I just wanted to go to the graveyard on my own, and asked the townhall of his home town where he'd been buried. They indicated a small town, I went there and looked around but found no grave with his name on it. I also kept thinking before I had finished going around: "he is not here, he is NOT here".
There was an old man there, and I asked him if he'd known Cyrille (this was a very small town). He said he had, but that he was buried in another, bigger town. I went there. As soon as I entered, I knew he WAS there. And believe me, although that cemetery was BIG, I walked straight to his grave, where I had never been before.

Apart from this, I have several times heard voices call my name or say hello, when there was no one around, and I'd say I believe in reincarnation. Would be lovely to know we'll all meet again somehow in another life. One in which we can keep watching BBM. We'll have to design before long a way to recognize each other, all of us brokies, in our next incarnation...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 04:59:45 pm by isabelle »
" - I'm vegan now."

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2006, 04:54:13 pm »
[
Wel my mom use to say I was a born anachist so obedience was bound to be a problem in retrospect ...At 18 the chastity thing was NO problem...now it would KILL me.. ;)
[/quote]

This is me! I am really an anarchist, although no practising one anymore (I mean I don't belong to any Anarchist group).  My motto is Groucho Marx's : " I wouldn't like to belong to a group that would accept me as one of its members", or something along these lines. Corrections anyone?
" - I'm vegan now."

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2006, 05:02:14 pm »
Heh, you guys are just wanna-be anarchists. Real anarchists are very unpleasant people and that's not you guys.  I'd call you 'rebels with many causes'.  ;D

In some ways, reincarnation is a wonderful idea in other ways not so great.  Think about this, many people and some here on this board, have had not so great lives.  Some versions of reincarnation posit that one goes through many lives with the same people.

Can you fathom how horrible that could be if you've been abused or hurt by people close to you in this life, possibly just managing to escape them or their influence just to go to another life and find yourself surrounded by the same people again?

You never meet anyone new.  It's always the same people. 

Not sure I like that idea.

Any other versions of reincarnation out there?

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2006, 05:09:38 pm »
You never meet anyone new.  It's always the same people. 

Not sure I like that idea.

Any other versions of reincarnation out there?
[/quote]

Well, what I heard was, you only get to have another shitty life if you haven't made the effort to come to terms with your issues and hang-ups in this one. And maybe next time, if you get to meet the same people again, maybe you can turn the tables on them, hehe... No, I guess that's not the idea, is it? Nawww, I dunno. I kinda like the idea that I'll be coming back, because I think I may well need at least another life to get rid of all my bad sides/negative feelings and whatnot, before I can reach perfect wisdom and stop the cycle of reincarnations. I do talk like I know about this, but I don't, really.
" - I'm vegan now."

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2006, 05:13:24 pm »
Heh, you guys are just wanna-be anarchists. Real anarchists are very unpleasant people and that's not you guys.  I'd call you 'rebels with many causes'.  ;D

And that's very nice of you, but yes I was in my city's anarchist group for a few years, when I was a young rebel (granted, MANY causes!). Now I am a tired rebel. Maybe the anarchists I hung out with were not the real ones, cos they were not all bad. Or maybe it's just the French anarchists, just posing as such, but really being their idealistic selves, with not much action!
" - I'm vegan now."

Offline scottf.

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2006, 05:31:36 pm »
Screeeeeeching back to the original thread:

Before I knew I was gay, I had a crush on Halley Mills.

Then, when I knew I was gay, I had a crush on Dick Cavett; then I had a crush on James Caan in The Godfather, then....