Author Topic: CT @ IMDb is at 934 posts  (Read 13579 times)

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
Re: CT @ IMDb is at 934 posts
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2006, 12:27:49 am »
and adding on to the fake apology, what really inspired it was the fact that i was doing some post history hopping, and there is a whole community of people on imdb that are like that!  but they're like, role-playing!  it's kind of creepy.  like deleting threads is the mission, this person is the commander, and they talk like they're in star wars!  it's messed up. 

but what i DID learn from my excursion is that they HATE having to make new accounts.  they can do it, but they don't like it, because then they have to come back and convince everyone that it's really them.  so reporting and ignoring is still the best way to go.

we should infiltrate one day.  when their account gets deleted, make a new one, and go back pretending to be one of them.  that way we can get all of them, and just a few of us pretending to be them.  it'd be hilarious, they wouldn't know who was who. 

but again, that's stooping to their level, and i don't know if i have the time or energy to do something like that.  i did it tonight on an angst-induced whim.
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

vkm91941

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2006, 12:34:43 am »
and adding on to the fake apology, what really inspired it was the fact that i was doing some post history hopping, and there is a whole community of people on imdb that are like that!  but they're like, role-playing!  it's kind of creepy.  like deleting threads is the mission, this person is the commander, and they talk like they're in star wars!  it's messed up. 

but what i DID learn from my excursion is that they HATE having to make new accounts.  they can do it, but they don't like it, because then they have to come back and convince everyone that it's really them.  so reporting and ignoring is still the best way to go.

we should infiltrate one day.  when their account gets deleted, make a new one, and go back pretending to be one of them.  that way we can get all of them, and just a few of us pretending to be them.  it'd be hilarious, they wouldn't know who was who. 

but again, that's stooping to their level, and i don't know if i have the time or energy to do something like that.  i did it tonight on an angst-induced whim.

That Andrew isa great IDEA and you are just the guy for it...You have everyone convinced you were him, suddenly repentant! LOL

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2006, 12:38:30 am »
chant, i agree.  it's just so upsetting to think that new brokies make these really thoughtful posts, and other new brokies read it and think "i'm not crazy!" and they connect and everything is happy then poof.  posts gone.

i mean how long will people put up with that?  not very long.  so our connections are safe and secure, we have our safe haven, but the newbies don't and if they get turned off by the trolling it's a lot of potential lost friendships or connections or whatever you want to call them.

I know, my (Little) darling.  I was a newbie once, too, and thank god I didn't encounter this meaningless nastiness back then, or I would have skeddadled.  But I think we've got to stop feeding them with attention, and they'll go away eventually.  By trying to one-up them, we won't win.  We'll never win against these people unless we become like them.  And we're better than that.

My feeling is if we let things die down, deny them the oxygen of attention, don't even refer to them at all, they'll go away.  But they're still getting attention, and so they come back.

Once they move on, we can build up that lovely community again, let the grass grow over the rubble, and plant some flowers.  But we won't be able to do that until we stop feeding the trolls.

vkm91941

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2006, 12:44:54 am »
chant, i agree.  it's just so upsetting to think that new brokies make these really thoughtful posts, and other new brokies read it and think "i'm not crazy!" and they connect and everything is happy then poof.  posts gone.

i mean how long will people put up with that?  not very long.  so our connections are safe and secure, we have our safe haven, but the newbies don't and if they get turned off by the trolling it's a lot of potential lost friendships or connections or whatever you want to call them.

I know, my (Little) darling.  I was a newbie once, too, and thank god I didn't encounter this meaningless nastiness back then, or I would have skeddadled.  But I think we've got to stop feeding them with attention, and they'll go away eventually.  By trying to one-up them, we won't win.  We'll never win against these people unless we become like them.  And we're better than that.

My feeling is if we let things die down, deny them the oxygen of attention, don't even refer to them at all, they'll go away.  But they're still getting attention, and so they come back.

Once they move on, we can build up that lovely community again, let the grass grow over the rubble, and plant some flowers.  But we won't be able to do that until we stop feeding the trolls.

Well Chant I agree with you in theory...that's certainly the way it's always worked before, but hardly anyone posts on PT anymore, in almost a week now and fox just keeps coming back and posting his hate and deleting posts...It down to 725 now....This is a new breed of troll, just as phantom trolling was new troll tool on the IMDb and the admins just don't know how to fight it.

Offline montferrat

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • "hunh?!"
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2006, 12:46:15 am »
I thought we were going to let the Pierre Tremblay board die, as it was only a "safe haven" and this is now our "safe haven". Forgive me if I misunderstood.
"hunh?!" ~ Ennis Del Mar

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2006, 04:45:07 am »
I thought we were going to let the Pierre Tremblay board die, as it was only a "safe haven" and this is now our "safe haven". Forgive me if I misunderstood.
Well, I already said good-bye on PT but that thread was deleted, so I guess, I'm back on..  ;D

No, but I have a hard time letting it go. I wish it would be over, right now. I feel miserable and sad seeing it die so painfully.. if you know what I mean. I guess, I need to stop posting on it for good.

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

vkm91941

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2006, 05:43:53 am »
Yep it's as good as dead...I logged on to IMDb tonight and removed Pierre Tremblay from my favorites liist.  My symbolic way of letting go.

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2006, 06:11:44 am »
Yep it's as good as dead...I logged on to IMDb tonight and removed Pierre Tremblay from my favorites liist.  My symbolic way of letting go.

Victoria, you are so courageous. I can't do that just yet..  :-\

[I got promoted to Resident! Yee-Haw!]

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2006, 07:33:41 am »
andrew..You rock!

I bet foxinator is Pi55ED hahahaha! I'm going over to have a wee look.

Vic - you are brave - I haven't been on it for days but I don't think I can delete quite yet.

and I haven't waded into the 1000 post NC-17 thread yet either - this is going to be easter weekend reading since I have Friday/Monday off be prepared to see me online lots!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 07:36:07 am by kelda_shelton »
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2006, 12:47:46 pm »
Me too! Weekend can't get here fast enough!
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."