Author Topic: Observations on second to last scene (Junior+Ennis in trailer)  (Read 8335 times)

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
Re: Observations on second to last scene (Junior+Ennis in trailer)
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2007, 09:35:48 am »
Exactly.  Even a well-used purse can lose the sharp definition that this item has.  Ergo, ipso facto, and to wit - it's Ennis's super-extra-special folder that never goes outside and that he keeps his most specialest small, flat possessions in - the postcards. :)

Sorry. Too sappy for this story.  :P Remember, this is the story with the sink-pissing and "stink" to describe the smell of a lover. Yeah, I know those are in the story rather than the movie, but still.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007, 09:39:52 am »
Sorry. Too sappy for this story.  :P Remember, this is the story with the sink-pissing and "stink" to describe the smell of a lover. Yeah, I know those are in the story rather than the movie, but still.

I know, I know.  I thought that all the hyper-Latin et al would show I wasn't serious.   :-*

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007, 09:48:41 am »
Clarissa:  :-*
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2007, 01:12:02 pm »
From what I recall, the filmmakers hired not only a dialogue coach to deal with the accents of Wyoming vs. Texas, but also the fashions that would be time and place authentic... with extra attention paid to the hats worn.  Texans do not wear the same hats as those from Wyoming, and there was considerable attention paid to those things.

A lot of the rest of the fashions were likely more period authentic than anything.  What frightens me is that I lived through the horrid 1970s fashions once (with the print shirts, the garish colors, the scary ensembles), and for a lot of younger folks, what they might see Jack, Ennis, Alma, and more importantly Lureen wearing is probably not too far off to what is popular to wear these days.  Eeek.

You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming