Author Topic: Screenshot Heaven for Brokeback Macs - A How To Guide  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
Screenshot Heaven for Brokeback Macs - A How To Guide
« on: April 12, 2006, 02:57:46 pm »
Maybe you Mac enthusiasts already know this, but I have come across a great way to do captures from the DVD player on Mac OSX.  Finally, I can join the ranks of the top screen-capturists, and you can too:

You can add a DVD screen grab command to Apple's script menu. In OS X, the steps are simple:

Open the Script Editor utility in ~/Applications/AppleScript/.
Type the following: do shell script "screencapture ~/Desktop/DVD-screenshot.png"
Save the Script as "DVD Screenshot" in the following location: ~/LIbrary/Application Support/DVD Player/Scripts.
If there isn't a folder called "DVD Player" in your Application Support folder, just create one. Then create a Scripts folder inside of that, and save your script there.

The next time you run DVD player, a new menu item will appear in the script menu: DVD Screenshot. Pause the movie at the desired location, choose the menu item, and the entire screen (movie included) will be saved to your desktop as "DVD-Screenshot."

You can open this with Preview and crop it or print it from there.

It's really cool.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"