Author Topic: The Bellwether/Ronin by debutante9  (Read 3320 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
The Bellwether/Ronin by debutante9
« on: January 06, 2007, 10:58:57 pm »
I came over here to gush excitedly about the new chapter of Ronin that's been posted and I realized that there isn't a thread for it  :o

So, pimpage:

Start with The Bellwether -- RPS Jake/Heath, told from Heath's POV... Jake visits Heath who is living in a Brownstone in Brooklyn with Michelle and Matilda and stuff happens from there. Ok, I'm bad at summaries but what I can say is that this is some of the best writing in this fandom and I'm not a huge RPS fan usually. The chacterizations are beautiful, the dialoge is brilliant... the story is stark, quiet, believable.  It starts here:

http://debutante9.livejournal.com/725.html

Then Ronin the sequel -- only two chapters in, told from Jake's POV this time, Jake and Heath dealing with their relationship, not being publicly a couple and being separated too much of the time (for them, we get to see the moments when they are together). It starts here:

http://debutante9.livejournal.com/8332.html

You should just be able to scroll through her journal to get to subsequent chapters.

And feel free to jump in those who have read it with a better explaination/summary than I'm giving  :-\
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline littleguitar

Re: The Bellwether/Ronin by debutante9
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 11:00:17 pm »
For those who are reading, I'll go ahead and say here's the newest chapter:

Chapter 2 -- Manifest Destiny

http://debutante9.livejournal.com/8756.html
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 11:40:16 pm »
The Bellwether is on the top of my RPS pile-I've pimped it myself (but made no money).

Go to know Ronin is happening. Will down that one before I move on to
<sigh> delMar Painting chapter 36

Heathen

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 11:41:54 pm »
oh Roux, del Mar Painting... *sigh*

I envy you in a big big way  :)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 12:29:40 am »
And I wish I had been reading when it was "active" because I constantly want to comment and feel that it is too late.

But we are talking Bellwether aren't we.

I love RPS. It lets me have E/J with happy ending and not mess with canon (cuz I need happy).

Heathen

Offline blacktears

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Hudson Heartbreak
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 02:58:25 pm »
The Bellwether and Ronin are by far two of the best RPS stories out there. Kumari has my vote as the woman who knows Heath and Jake inside and out  8)
Proud Supporter, Writer, and Reader of RPS

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 09:29:11 pm »
The Bellwether and Ronin are by far two of the best RPS stories out there. Kumari has my vote as the woman who knows Heath and Jake inside and out  8)

Agreed! She's got my vote, too.

I started re reading The Bellwether this morning... I barely have time to read anything, you'd think I'd read something I hadn't read before, but I just love this so much and the newest chapter of Ronin made me long for Kumari's Heath and Jake.  :)

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 11:45:12 pm »
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ronin, Chapter 4: Magna Carta

http://debutante9.livejournal.com/10542.html