Author Topic: The Only Thing That's Real, by littleguitar  (Read 16075 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
The Only Thing That's Real, by littleguitar
« on: January 07, 2007, 05:08:00 pm »
I just started a new fic *nervous squeeing* An AU!AU set in memphis...

The Only Thing That's Real, Chapter 1

http://minchout.livejournal.com/16165.html
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 10:02:52 pm by littleguitar »
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

Re: The Only Thing That's Real, by me...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 08:33:55 pm »
Mandy! I love you for writing this!  :-*  It's all I hoped it would be. It's perfect and so right  :) Ennis is perfect, KE is perfect and Jack is perfect! LOVE LOVE his southern drawl and that he is so out and open and love it that they are going out for a drink already. Where does he work? And what kind of Jack were you originally planning on writing?

This was really great stuff, Mandy and I'm REALLY looking forward to more! Awww and thank you for naming their sister June! That's so sweet of you!  :-*

*goes off to bed squeeeeeing!*

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 10:55:59 pm »
This story is off to a great start!

Leslie

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 11:48:30 pm »
I'm really glad you guys like it  :D I was seriously nervous posting it, but really excited too... And I'm glad it's what you hoped it would be! And you're welcome on naming their sis June, seeing as how you inspired me to write this  :-*

LOVE LOVE his southern drawl and that he is so out and open and love it that they are going out for a drink already. Where does he work? And what kind of Jack were you originally planning on writing?

I am so so glad you like the Southern drawl... delta accents fascinate me and I know a few mississippians from when I lived in memphis. I only thought today to do that with Jack and had so much fun writing his character. I was originally going to do a fairly somber, widowed Jack with Bobby in tow but then I couldn't make another miserable Jack, I just didn't have the energy to write it... and there was always such a sense of humor in Six Feet Under, that even though Ennis is closeted I didn't want him to be so serious... and you can't have a somber Jack and a not so serious Ennis...

I'm rambling now, but the long and the short is, I'm glad you like it!  ;)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 03:08:16 am »
I'm so glad you didn't decide to do another miserable Jack  :) and the humour is always one of the things I loved about SFU. I thought Claire was really cool in SFU too. I loved her  :)

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 03:14:46 am »
oh good... then I'll make June del Mar more Claire-like... I hadn't decided where to go with her yet. The mom isn't in the picture, so I wasn't sure if she would take on the Claire or the Mrs. Fischer role.

But I like Claire too.  :)

mvansand76

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 06:20:53 am »
Hiya-
I never watched Six Feet Under, apart from the pilot episode, so I have no clue about original characters from that show! Well, I will put that aside and just think of the characters as original. I liked Ennis' internal dialogue and he is only mildly sad, sitting alone at night watching the TV. I LOVED your idea of having him be able to talk to the dead. I didn't see that coming!

Mel

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 10:03:56 pm »
The Only Thing That's Real, Chapter 2 up!

http://minchout.livejournal.com/19316.html

Enjoy!  :D

Offline coffeecat33

Re: The Only Thing That's Real, chapter 2 up!
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 11:06:05 pm »
Enjoyable chapter, Mandy. Thanks for updating.  :D

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: The Only Thing That's Real, chapter 2 up!
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 12:44:56 am »
Great Chapter Mandy.  Love, love, LOVE the dialogue between Ennis and Jack.  I think your story may end up being better than SFU  ::) for a brokie like me.
Life is not a dress rehearsal