Author Topic: What's the deal with all these UFOs, meteors and comets?  (Read 31064 times)

injest

Re: What's the deal with all these UFOs, meteors and comets?
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 02:22:40 am »
That's true too, Jess! A few of those people witnessing these strange crafts were airport personnel, including one or two air traffic controllers.

They all said they have never seen anything like it before.

God, Chicago is AWFULLY close to Indianapolis. I hope those UFOs aren't heading towards Indiana!  :o

you think they might be looking for you David?? What did you do now??!!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 11:51:11 pm »
I dunno....if people are IN a place where they EXPECT to see things in the sky and see something that is UNLIKE the planes and helicopters that are coming in and out...

that would have more weight to me...because they would have a source of reference....That is a plane...that is a helicopter...that is NOT either what is it??

True, but it's not exactly like they become experts.  I grew up near an airport, after a while, you just ignore the planes and don't pay much attention to them, so you could miss something.  After all, seeing is NOT necessarily believing.

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 12:36:05 am »
Actually, a friend and I looked for this comet several times before it disappeared into the southern hemisphere. I hope it puts on a better show there. The pictures seem to indicate that it will.

There are always lots of things going on in the sky and I hope to be more aware of them this year.

Many years ago, my then-boyfriend (now husband) and several other people travelled down to the Okeefenokee Swamp in Georgia to see Halley's Comet in its passage. We had our canoes so loaded down we looked like we lived there - charcoal grills, camera equipment, lawn chairs, coolers with steaks, beer, wine, every kind of snack food known to man, woman and Shetland Pony. It was a hoot of an experience.

I must say the title of this thread mystifies me, though - if this was determined to be a comet, what does it have to do with UFOs? I've seen both and trust me, they're not the same.   ;)

injest

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 12:38:05 am »
David was just saying that the skys have been very busy lately...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007, 12:41:36 am »
Many years ago, my then-boyfriend (now husband) and several other people travelled down to the Okeefenokee Swamp in Georgia to see Halley's Comet in its passage. We had our canoes so loaded down we looked like we lived there - charcoal grills, camera equipment, lawn chairs, coolers with steaks, beer, wine, every kind of snack food known to man, woman and Shetland Pony. It was a hoot of an experience.

I must say the title of this thread mystifies me, though - if this was determined to be a comet, what does it have to do with UFOs? I've seen both and trust me, they're not the same.   ;)

And guess what, Marcia. When EDelMar and I placed the home page in the cache on Brokenback Mountain, on the top was a birthday message to you! You are immortalized on Brokenback Mountain!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 12:56:13 am »
you think they might be looking for you David?? What did you do now??!!

I've done all kinds of things recently, but I don't think I did anything to piss off a bunch of aliens.

I sure hope I didn't anyway.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 09:15:39 pm »
And guess what, Marcia. When EDelMar and I placed the home page in the cache on Brokenback Mountain, on the top was a birthday message to you! You are immortalized on Brokenback Mountain!!

Wow, what a great birthday present!

I'll definitely have to make a trip to Brokenback Mountain, in that case. Probably won't happen in December, though.... Hopefully I'll be able to swing it for the 2007 BBQ   :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 09:49:37 pm by Marge_Innavera »

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 09:17:00 pm »
David was just saying that the skys have been very busy lately...

Sure looks like they have -- unfortunately, we haven't seen much other than clouds lately with these storm fronts, but that's another story.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2007, 09:29:07 pm »
Wow, what a great birthday present!

I'll definitely have to make a trip to Brokenback Mountain, in that case. Probably won't happen in December, though....   :)

Come with us at the end of May, then!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 09:50:26 pm »
Come with us at the end of May, then!!

Yeah, I just added that - I'll see if I can swing it!