Author Topic: Jake In Drag??  (Read 44265 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Re: Jake In Drag??
« Reply #160 on: January 20, 2007, 06:39:16 pm »
Oh, the good old PT. Thanks Jane! I wish to god I had the 2 or three hours a day I'd need to really do it justice, or even 30 minutes! As it is, just keeping up with three or four normal threads is all I can handle.

But thanks for pointing that out about the "No problem, and here I am" bit, Barbara (it is Barbara right?).

And HELLO Sarah! Yes, I said too that Jake blew me away with his commitment to the song and performance.

And, I don't think it was lipsynched. There was too much physicality in his body to get those notes out the way he did, and after the total shitstorm that Ashlee Simpson went through a couple of years ago when she lipsynched during her band's performance -- and walked off the stage when the music fucked up and exposed her, I don't think anyone is going to try it again on SNL.

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #161 on: January 20, 2007, 09:30:04 pm »
I've said it before but I'll say it again. I LOVED Jake's performances on SNL.

His singing "You're Gonna Love Me" was phenomenal (and that dress!  ::) LOVE the deltoids, Jake!)

He was so cute and funny as the mtv4 singer (How much did you earn? Oh I don't know. About forty dollars. It was our worst song! *laughs*giggles*)

Then he went to sweet and adorable on Bronx Beat.

LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #162 on: January 21, 2007, 01:06:56 pm »
Just posted this on 'Jake Jake' but since this is more a relevant site -

Blown away by the song performance - but I was put off a bit by Jake's changed appearance - just thought the arms were a little to "Arnold" for me...  (Ducking again...)
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #163 on: January 22, 2007, 01:48:28 pm »
His arms looked fine to me.  And I do mean fine.   :-*

He's always been pretty ripped, hasn't he?  At least in recent times.  He was quite cut in Jarhead.  They didn't seem overly huge (i.e., performance enhanced) to me.

Maybe it was the cut of the dress.  ;)
No more beans!

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #164 on: January 22, 2007, 03:35:50 pm »
Yeah, I didn't think his arms looked any different than normal... in fact, when he wasn't wearing a dress I thought to myself that he actually looks thinner now than he has lately. He's always been toned like that, the dress I think just emphasized the muscles. Not that I'm complaining  ::)

Because lately I've been thinking the same thing about Jake, that he was getting too bulky for my tastes (not heavy, I've just never been attracted to muscle-y men), but his SNL appearance re kindled the love  ;D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline oilgun

« Reply #165 on: January 30, 2007, 09:09:04 pm »
i hate to be the true lone dissenter here other than jess and garry[...]I was personally embaressed by the show and his participation in it....so now ive had my say...you may return to the regularly scheduled broadcast..

Count me in as one of the dissenters Janice, my heart sank lower and lower as the opening monologue progressed.  (Hated the flaming cowboys!)  I felt like Jake was undoing everything BbM had achieved as far as breaking down stereotypes.  Then he sings a showtune from a mediocre movie to appeal to his new gay fanbase?  I felt betrayed.... and glad to be more of a Heathen, lol!

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #166 on: January 30, 2007, 09:54:32 pm »
Is there any of Jake on SNL on You Tube?....

If there is, could someone please give me the links.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #167 on: January 31, 2007, 03:13:40 am »
Sue, did you try this link yet....

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=veeajera

Kelda posted this on page two or three of this thread.

Give it a try. Hopefully it will work for you!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #168 on: January 31, 2007, 03:18:03 am »
Here's another link Sue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o6ylKmx7rc

I hope one of them still works!