Author Topic: Jake In Drag??  (Read 44311 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Jake In Drag??
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2007, 03:46:19 am »
Here Elle, I already did, 'cause now I see what you were referring to, THAT IS SOOOOO COOL!!!   ;D

Personally, I think it's a miracle.  But why would the gods pick me, a simple Heathen, to visit this miracle upon?

:)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2007, 03:50:43 am »
Personally, I think it's a miracle.  But why would the gods pick me, a simple Heathen, to visit this miracle upon?

:)

Good question!  maybe they want you to convert to Gyllenhaalism??  :laugh: :laugh:

J

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2007, 04:07:32 am »
Clarissa, in the spirit of the picture you just posted, I thought I would offer you this....

(This was a picture posted a few weeks ago... probably by Roland or Dottie; I can't remember for certain)

Look over to the left, just next to his hand...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It doesn't mean a thing, does it? But it sure is fun to think about! haha.  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2007, 04:50:59 am »
I don't think this is an isolated incident.  Jake was also photographed last year wardrobe swapping with a guy (this guy, I think).  But I don't have that pic as a handy reference.

Elle...nice jacket. If you look in the bottom right, you can almost make out the letter FLAS.... ;D
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2007, 05:25:07 am »
But then, where was all the outrage with "Will & Grace"? That show regurgitated decades old gay stereotypes every single week. Will and Jack? Give me a break. Jack the flaming queen and Will the preppy compulsive "neat freak". I guarantee you Will & Grace was a show that offended many gay Americans; myself included.

What about "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy"? Another offensive show to many gay people. Carson Kressley? That man flames like a welding torch. He IS the typical gay stereotype.  Where's the anger?

These kinds of shows do far more harm to the gay community than a "Jake in drag" skit on SNL could ever do.

Just wondered what people's take was.. Would people rather that these shows did not exist?

Is it better for people to 'come round' to 'likeable' effeminate characters and accept them before they accept 'normal' gay men or lesbian women?

I'm just interested in people's view on this.

My answer - I actually don't mind Will & Grace - its that type of TV you don't have to think about too much. Does it hurt the gay community? I really really am not sure - i think I'll hve to ponder on it myself.

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2007, 08:06:37 am »
Here's a good version of the performance just posted to Youtube:

"This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner NBC Universal because its content was used without permission"

:(

injest

« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2007, 08:10:26 am »
ROTF!!

ok...now this is really really bad...I am sitting here trying to download the Youtubes(on dialup no less) to see if it is as cringe worthy as I thought at first?? taking forever...tying up the computer...

and I HAVE it on video tape!! I recorded it here at my home!! Right over there...just push the button...

::) ::) ::) :P

SHEESH!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2007, 08:16:29 am »
ROTF!!

ok...now this is really really bad...I am sitting here trying to download the Youtubes(on dialup no less) to see if it is as cringe worthy as I thought at first?? taking forever...tying up the computer...

and I HAVE it on video tape!! I recorded it here at my home!! Right over there...just push the button...

::) ::) ::) :P

SHEESH!

You're on dial up with the amount of posts you make every day!? My goodness Jess - what a feat! I wish I had your patience!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Andrew

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2007, 08:19:47 am »
You know, Andrew, I only saw QEFTSG once or twice, but I think I saw this one. (Wasn't there something involving wooing the girlfriend with some really deluxe chocolate?) Anyway, if it's the one I'm thinking of, you're right, it was genuinely touching!

I didn't need to watch the show any more than that because I figured, you've seen one, you've seen a season's worth. But I left the show with fairly positive feelings because of that particular episode.

I felt the same.  I had extracted the one thing I could relate to from the show's concept and felt I didn't want to dilute or undercut it by watching again.

Offline Andrew

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2007, 08:29:09 am »
Yes Andrew, the show does have it's sweet moments. I have only watched the show about 3 times, and that was enough for me. Maybe I should watch it again. Maybe I didn't give the show enough of a chance. But even with the sweet endings, somehow the negative stereotypes far outweigh any warm and fuzzy feeling the program might give me.

I respect your comment Andrew, just as I very much respect you. But I think I will respectfully disagree with you on this one.  :)

We're in agreement, David.  I never watched the program again after that once because I didn't want a repeat of all the rest.  If I were rich I would hire someone to make edits of television shows so I could see that one minute out of hours and days I thought was worth watching.

Then again, it wouldn't feel the same because I wouldn't have 'earned' those moments.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 08:40:01 am by Andrew »