Author Topic: Where are you in your process?  (Read 13805 times)

Offline CarlaMom2

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Where are you in your process?
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2006, 08:57:17 am »
How 'bout some cherry cake?

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2007, 01:14:58 am »
I watched BBM once again.  It still has the way effect on me, I love the film, the joys and sorrows in it, but I don't dwell on it afterwards very much.  The one thing that I 'm thankful for is a greter appreication of music.  I listen to country and western more now and like it a lot. 

Rayn

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2007, 06:29:11 pm »
I watched BBM once again.  It still has the way effect on me, I love the film, the joys and sorrows in it, but I don't dwell on it afterwards very much.  The one thing that I 'm thankful for is a greter appreication of music.  I listen to country and western more now and like it a lot. 

Rayn

Country is wonderful; lyrics have such meaning. That is why the soundtrack is so rich with communication. Try Crystal Gayle's "It's like we never said goodbye" to seem like a song written for Ennis and Jack's first reunion.

moremojo

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2007, 06:36:22 pm »
I listen to country and western more now and like it a lot.
I myself am much more appreciative of country and Western music than ever before, and it's thanks to this movie. On my last return drive home from Kerrville with my sister, I had my sister's car radio tuned to a country-and-Western station the whole way, and found the music comforting and inspiring. This music is of the earth (is "earthy"), and listening to it makes me feel grounded and centered.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 06:14:15 pm by moremojo »

Offline lachlan

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • A candle looses nothing by lighting another candle
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2007, 12:49:38 pm »
Did you know that in the American West, before the term "Country & Western" was devised, the local name for  this type of music was "Heart Songs"?
I come upon a bear is what happened!

moremojo

« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2007, 01:15:20 pm »
Did you know that in the American West, before the term "Country & Western" was devised, the local name for  this type of music was "Heart Songs"?
No, I didn't know that; very interesting! "Heart Songs" are certainly an apt description for much of this music--at its best, it is sincere, without pretension, and utterly from the heart.

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2007, 11:55:25 am »
The Process??  Where am I?

I've not watched the movie for long time, but feel like I want to, then I think how sad I feel when I do,  and I don't.  I love the characters, like firends, but the loss of Jack is too much and I can't afford the Kleenexes!

I'm considering joining the Alberta Pilgrimage!

Don't know if I 'll make it.  It's so damned expensive to fly back home from Asia then up there too, but I just might.  And I'll probably give in the to movie soon.  No movie has ever been so powerful.  I've seen it 7 times ... You'd think there'd be a time when everyone would get tired of it, but I don't know if I'll ever tire of BBM.   LOL

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2007, 12:17:31 am »
Yep, I did it again.  Watched the film last night, loved it, laughed, cried, felt down for a few, but didn't mind.  So NOW WHERE AM I IN THE PROCESS....

I'm in the process of gettin' hooked on Brokeback Mountain again!    :laugh:

Still planning on the Pilgrimage...

Posting stuff here.

R

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2007, 08:38:14 pm »
I need help, and I know that I can count on some of you who have gone through what I'm going through for the help that I need! I have been watching this movie since January 2007, and have lost count as to how many times. I have the dvd, but every time it comes on TV I watch it because the picture is much better. Anyway, yesterday I saw the movie twice on one of the cable channels. Today I am desperately trying not to watch it because I don't want to get tired of it.

My problem is- I am trying to refrain from watching the movie for at least a couple of days or even for a few weeks. How does one do this, and why is it so difficult not to give in to the urge to watch BBM? This may sound silly, but I feel comfortable sharing this with you because there has to be someone out there who has experienced this and who understands what I am feeling.

I haven't been a participant that long on this board and have only posted a few times. Again, I am reaching out because I don't want to get burned out!!!!

Help.........

I feel like a drug addict needing a fix. Has anyone else experienced this feeling?????????

The OBSESSION Continues....................

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2007, 09:04:28 pm »
GOING THROUGH WITHDRAWALS!!!!

BRKEBACK GOT ME GOOD!!!!

HELP.....

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.