Author Topic: Cold Case: Forever Blue  (Read 64705 times)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Cold Case: Forever Blue
« on: January 14, 2007, 01:59:25 pm »
Letter to my sister yesterday:

My movie has had a very prestigeous infant. There is a series on CBS (for whicvh I am developing a grudging admiration) called "Cold Case Files." The episode in question is called "Forever Blue."

Link to download (it aired last Sunday):

Big discussion on DaveCillen. Several Youtubes alreadyy---really good ones.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QP3NH3CQ
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 04:03:32 am by twistedude »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
Re: Cold Case Files: Forever Blue
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 03:34:52 pm »
I got a copy of this but it won't play on my computer.  >:(

I'll try this link and download it tonight and see if that works.  Thanks Julie.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 06:34:36 pm »
I almost know it by heart. If you save it "to disk"--that just means you can save it to any of your personal files you want (instead of opening it), you can watch it any time yoiu want, no wait.

There is a "Cold Case Files" series running on A&E. It;'s very different. they are true to life stories, with a narrator, lots of dates, and a maximum of objectivity. They are real stories. I went looking there because I saw another Cold Case video, "Strange Fruit," which also looked great..;   This A&E show is not artistic, tells no story, and has nio points to make, except that some old murder got solved. I do not recommend it. They are NOT re-runs of the "Cold Case" on CBS....that I can tell.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 09:42:07 pm »
Darn, it's the same file. It won't play on my computer.  I get sound, but no video.  >:(

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 02:04:11 am »
Eric, when you are offfered the choice between "open" and "save to disk," save to disk. "Disk" just means your own hard drive--your own documenws file. I have watched the pixels off it...

A MAINASTREAM TELEVISION show episode? Is that or is it not more important than all the awards?

And it is so BEAUTIFUL!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 04:05:36 am by twistedude »

mvansand76

Cold Case Forever Blue: Brokeback all over again?
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 04:43:33 pm »
I haven't watched that many episodes of Cold Case and we are only at season 2 in Holland, but this episode from season 4 was brought to my attention. I am not sure how much I should reveal about the plot, you should probably just watch it. It brought tears to my eyes and Brokeback hasn't even been able to do that lately. That's a sad notion in more than one way.     

:'(

This is the link, courtesy of the people who started the Cold Case thread on DaveCullen.com:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QP3NH3CQ

File size 350 Mb.
File type   AVI

download player :    http://www.divx.com/

(I hope it's OK that I post this link here, if anybody objects, please let me know and I will make it a link to the specific thread on davecullen.com.)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 09:22:33 am by mvansand76 »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Cold Case episode: Forever Blue
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 05:07:21 pm »
What is this episode about? Can you give us a little hint?

I have dial-up at my house, but I'll try to download it and watch it. I always trust your judgment, and if you say it's good and worth watching, I'm sure it is.

I haven't watched too many episodes of "Cold Case" but I will try like hell to watch it Melissa.  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 05:29:44 pm »
What is this episode about? Can you give us a little hint?

I have dial-up at my house, but I'll try to download it and watch it. I always trust your judgment, and if you say it's good and worth watching, I'm sure it is.

I haven't watched too many episodes of "Cold Case" but I will try like hell to watch it Melissa.  :)

Hey sweetie, well you know I am not in my right mind right now with all the DSL-stress I have had to endure, so I forgot to give at least a small hint.
The unsolved case is that of the murder on a cop in 1968. It seems like he might have been corrupt (is that what you call it?) but during the episode you find out what really happened (duh... obviously), you find out everything about him and his father and his best friend, Jimmy.

I really don't want to say too much, but you might be able to infer that there is a Brokeback-Twist to this.....

midwest-girl

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 05:52:07 pm »
It's an amazing episode, David.  I highly recommend it!

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 09:48:18 pm »
Oh! I think I think I've seen that one! Is some of the plot happening in a small alley between to buildings? If yes, then I've seen that episode! Too bad I missed it tonight! I do have Dutch channels!

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -