Author Topic: Cold Case: Forever Blue  (Read 64744 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Cold Case: Forever Blue
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2007, 10:30:20 pm »
I have a feeling someone recorded it. We shall wait, and they shall surface!  ;)

*David raises his hand*

I recorded it. But I'm on dial-up, I don't know how much good it will do!  :(

Yes Jeff, it hurt A LOT!!  :'(  :'(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2007, 11:11:21 pm »
If anyone would like a DVD of the show, pm me your address, and I will mail you one gratis. But I probably won't be able to start sending them until the beginning of next week. I will work on the DVDs over next weekend.  :D

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2007, 11:24:33 pm »
It seems some kind soul uploaded the file awhile back, or at least provided a link to do so - I may have it on my computer still
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2007, 11:39:34 pm »
*******************Possible Spoilers**********************************

Did anyone else notice all the paralells between this show and Brokeback Mountain? Jimmy reminded me so much of Ennis. He even said "I ain't queer"! He kept pushing Coop away just like Ennis did to Jack, and he ultimately ran away from the relationship just like Ennis. And Coop was a bit like Jack, wasn't he? He kept encouraging Jimmy just like Jack did, and Coop ended up getting killed... just like Jack. And what about the wife looking out the window at the boys, and catching them kissing? This reminded me of the scene where Alma noticed Jack and Ennis kissing in the reunion scene.

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2007, 11:42:05 pm »
Most definitely David, and just as emotionally powerful as BBM on a shorter scale.
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2007, 11:46:58 pm »
Most definitely David, and just as emotionally powerful as BBM on a shorter scale.

That's exactly how it hit me too! And part of the show took place in the 1960's... just like part of BBM did.  8)

They have probably already discussed all these things on this thread, but I just saw the show for the first time tonight. So I apologize to everyone if I am repeating things in here.  :)

Offline adrian

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2007, 01:31:55 am »
Time for a bump up, have just been able to confirm this episode will be rebroadcast on CBS next SUnday, 8/19 at 9 pm eastern time.

Having only been able to see it in section on youtube, I am looking forward to seeing the real deal.

A thousand THANKS for this, Truman, I would've missed it again if not for you.  This was the first time for me.

I'm sure it's already been discussed in depth on all forums...and my feelings are no exception.  It was beautiful.

There were only two of them on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawks back and crawling lights of vehicles on the plain below....they believed themselves invisible.   A. Proulx

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2007, 01:36:10 am »
Yes, thank you Truman. I would have missed it too had you not noticed this and said something. I've heard so much about it and I've been waiting months to see it!  :D

Offline adrian

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2007, 01:37:20 am »
They have probably already discussed all these things on this thread, but I just saw the show for the first time tonight.

Me too, David, and thanks for the reminder.  I wish I saw it when it was first shown in December.  This

was one long 8 month wait....but worth it.

There were only two of them on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawks back and crawling lights of vehicles on the plain below....they believed themselves invisible.   A. Proulx

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2007, 02:08:48 am »

I watched this story tonight on CBS.  It was heartbreaking..  The idea that people were
willing to go to those extents in those days to hide a son or fellow officers homosexual orientation.
Gives a lot of creedance to Ennis' fears.....Well acted, and I really liked the way they filmed it
back and forth, in color, and black and white....

Beautiful mind