Author Topic: Cold Case: Forever Blue  (Read 64243 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cold Case: Forever Blue
« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2007, 08:44:58 am »
Possible Spoilers

*******************Possible Spoilers**********************************

Did anyone else notice all the paralells between this show and Brokeback Mountain? Jimmy reminded me so much of Ennis. He even said "I ain't queer"! He kept pushing Coop away just like Ennis did to Jack, and he ultimately ran away from the relationship just like Ennis. And Coop was a bit like Jack, wasn't he? He kept encouraging Jimmy just like Jack did, and Coop ended up getting killed... just like Jack. And what about the wife looking out the window at the boys, and catching them kissing? This reminded me of the scene where Alma noticed Jack and Ennis kissing in the reunion scene.

The line that kept going through me was, "We're the lucky ones," or something like that.

Just like Ennis and Jack. ...  :'(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2007, 03:22:05 pm »
the full episode seems to be up on youtube - the first part is below. wont post all 8 parts as it'll slow the thread down, but I'm going to take some time out to watch it at some point this week.

[youtube=425,350]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AGlWzUs_570[/youtube]
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2007, 09:42:06 pm »
I am so glad I found this thread on "Forever Blue." I saw it the first time it aired and I was practically in shock as the story unfolded. It was very much like Brokeback and the meaning so very similar. I fell in love with this episode and I downloaded it from somewhere. I'm not sure where. Last Sunday I couldn't believe it when it came on again. I wish I would have known so that I could have recorded it. Like many of you have said the show brought on those "Brokeback" tears. That last scene was something else. Did anyone else notice how certain things were in color when things would go back to 1968? This was similar to a movie which I cannot remember the name of right now. Did you also notice that in the last scene when they touched everything was suddenly in color? I'm trying not to give much away here so that I don't ruin it for anyone who has not seen it yet. Cold Case tends to be a good show anyway, but this episode was incredible. I could handle a whole series or movie based on Jimmy and Coop. I really would like to see this two characters expanded on.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2007, 10:29:13 pm »

I was so glad to get to see it this time around.  I just caught the very end last time.

Beautiful mind

mvansand76

« Reply #114 on: August 26, 2007, 07:00:52 am »
I am so happy to see that more people saw this episode, it's so special, it always makes me cry!

David, I am so happy you didn't forget to watch it! The parallels were stunning, weren't they?

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #115 on: August 26, 2007, 11:24:24 am »
I have also just watched this in section on you tube on my sisters computer as I ma babysitting. It was abit jumpy, so i don't think I got the full effect.

So, to clarify - did Eillen confront coop not long after she saw them - as I said it was jumpy ao couldn't make out if she had a baby bump or not. Or was that after he christening - hence why the other guy walked into them - also was that just before he found out the truth through sareg who heard through the other cop who was hiding in his car?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

mvansand76

« Reply #116 on: August 26, 2007, 02:04:07 pm »
I have also just watched this in section on you tube on my sisters computer as I ma babysitting. It was abit jumpy, so i don't think I got the full effect.

So, to clarify - did Eillen confront coop not long after she saw them - as I said it was jumpy ao couldn't make out if she had a baby bump or not. Or was that after he christening - hence why the other guy walked into them - also was that just before he found out the truth through sareg who heard through the other cop who was hiding in his car?

The part where E confronted Coop and where the colleague thought Coop was having an affair with L, that was right after the Christening. The affair between Coop and Jimmy had been going on for a while then, because she caught them kissing in the backyard when she was pregnant. The christening was after the guy overheard C and J talking standing next to the police cars, because after that the same guy went to Coops father to tell him what was going on and then Coops father confronted him in the church after the Christening (God, I love that scene, it's so intense). It took me a while to completely understand it... LOL!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2007, 04:24:27 pm »
Forever Blue DVD Update...

For all of you who asked for a copy of the show, I just would like all of you to know I have NOT forgotten about you!

As it turns out, my computer will not allow me to copy the DVD to my hard drive. I think this is because my DVD recorder creates "chapters" and each chapter is a separate computer file. And I am not computer literate enough to know what associated files should be copied to each individual DVD (DLL's etc). I don't want to mail all these DVDs out and then find out they would not play on some of your DVD players.

So, I am going to copy my DVD to a blank VHS tape and then copy the tape to blank DVDs. My DVD recorder has both a DVD recorder and a VCR on it, so this will not be a problem. But after spending much of the weekend trying to figure out why my computer was arguing with me so much, I think this is probably the best way to do it, don't you?

I will get a very high quality blank VHS tape tonight or tomorrow, and then begin dubbing the show to DVDs. Just as quick as I get them all dubbed, I will send them to you all! Hopefully I will have them finished within the next couple of days!  :D

I have all of your addresses saved in a word processor, and I will get the DVDs in the mail to all of you just as quick as I can!  :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2007, 06:52:27 pm »
David, you are so sweet to go to all this trouble!  :-*  :-*  :-*  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

mvansand76

« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2007, 03:33:46 am »
Forever Blue DVD Update...

For all of you who asked for a copy of the show, I just would like all of you to know I have NOT forgotten about you!

As it turns out, my computer will not allow me to copy the DVD to my hard drive. I think this is because my DVD recorder creates "chapters" and each chapter is a separate computer file. And I am not computer literate enough to know what associated files should be copied to each individual DVD (DLL's etc). I don't want to mail all these DVDs out and then find out they would not play on some of your DVD players.

So, I am going to copy my DVD to a blank VHS tape and then copy the tape to blank DVDs. My DVD recorder has both a DVD recorder and a VCR on it, so this will not be a problem. But after spending much of the weekend trying to figure out why my computer was arguing with me so much, I think this is probably the best way to do it, don't you?

I will get a very high quality blank VHS tape tonight or tomorrow, and then begin dubbing the show to DVDs. Just as quick as I get them all dubbed, I will send them to you all! Hopefully I will have them finished within the next couple of days!  :D

I have all of your addresses saved in a word processor, and I will get the DVDs in the mail to all of you just as quick as I can!  :)

It's so sweet of you to do that for the people who haven't seen it yet!  :-*