Author Topic: Cold Case: Forever Blue  (Read 64824 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cold Case: Forever Blue
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2007, 05:26:14 am »
Ok, you got me all curious. I've downloaded the file from the link posted on the first page of this thread.

But it doesn't play correctly  :( The sound track is not simultaneous to the pictures. I see a woman talk, but hear a male voice; I hear handcuffs click and seven seconds later can I see the scene belonging to it  >:(

Additionally I see everything in slow motion. I think that's the course of sound and pictures running not simultaneously: the pics run too slow and therefore the gap between pics and sound widens more and more.

It's so frustrating  >:(.

Had anyone else the same problem? Or any suggestions what I could do about it?

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2007, 05:51:22 am »
I didn't download it about did watch it on you tube, it was also very slightly out of pynch but i think that was becasue i was watching it on my sisters old, slow PC.
MAybe try that?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2007, 07:08:49 am »
I didn't download it about did watch it on you tube, it was also very slightly out of pynch but i think that was becasue i was watching it on my sisters old, slow PC.
MAybe try that?

I could live with slightly out of synch. Is it somewhere on youtube in one piece, or only the chopped into eight pieces version?

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2007, 07:19:52 am »
no its just the chopped into 8 version - i think the longest you tube clips can be area certain size or 10mins so hence the chopping.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2007, 09:08:31 am »
David, as others have said, YOU ARE GREAT FOR DOING THIS FOR SO MANY OF US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know we will all enjoy the DVD tremendously. It is probably the best show I can think of seeing on TV.

To those of you watching it on You Tube, isn't it kind of grainy? I like You Tube since you can see so many things you would not be able to otherwise, but I have found the quality to be pretty bad.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #125 on: September 03, 2007, 07:13:25 pm »
No problem!!  :D

It's a good show and I'm glad to do it!

For those of you who requested a Forever Blue DVD, I should have all the DVDs finished by tonight, and I will probably drop them off at the post office on Wednesday afternoon. I'm not sure how long it will take to reach your location from Indianapolis, but hopefully you all will have them in time for the weekend.  :D

I'll send you all a comfirmation pm once they are in the mail, so you will know they are on their way to you.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #126 on: September 03, 2007, 07:23:13 pm »
I am so happy to see that more people saw this episode, it's so special, it always makes me cry!

David, I am so happy you didn't forget to watch it! The parallels were stunning, weren't they?

Sorry about that Melissa. I just now saw your message.

******************POSSIBLE SPOILERS!*****************************************

(If you haven't seen this episode yet, don't read any of the following!!  :o )

There are very many parallels between this show and Brokeback Mountain. I couldn't believe it. There is definately a Jack and Ennis in this story. But I can't figure something out. And I don't know how many times I've watched it now, but why do certain things appear in color during the black and white (1968) scenes? The police car appears in red, the brick of drugs appear in yellow, something on the desk appears in red, etc. Why is that? What is this supposed to tell us? I can't figure it out and neither can Alex.

It has a beautiful ending doesn't it? I cry every time I watch it!  :'(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #127 on: September 03, 2007, 07:27:31 pm »
I could live with slightly out of synch. Is it somewhere on youtube in one piece, or only the chopped into eight pieces version?

I don't know Chrissi! I'd gladly send you a DVD of the show, but I don't think my DVDs would work on your machine. Unless you have one of those switchable DVD players. If you do, let me know and I'll send you a DVD!  :D

But, you WILL be getting a postcard from me very soon!  :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2007, 01:55:57 am »
I don't know Chrissi! I'd gladly send you a DVD of the show, but I don't think my DVDs would work on your machine. Unless you have one of those switchable DVD players. If you do, let me know and I'll send you a DVD!  :D

Aww, that's sweet of you to offer, thank you. But you're right: it wouldn't play on my DVD player.

Yee-Haw!  :D

mvansand76

« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2007, 04:56:43 am »

ARE YOU STILL ONLINE SWEETIE?