Author Topic: Cold Case: Forever Blue  (Read 64238 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Cold Case: Forever Blue
« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2007, 04:58:30 am »
ARE YOU STILL ONLINE SWEETIE?

Nope! I'm not online!

Go back to bed, Melissa. You're seeing things.  ;)

:laugh: :laugh:

Yeah. I'm still here. Long story. I'll tell you about it tomorrow! It's all good!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #131 on: September 04, 2007, 05:08:04 am »
Nope! I'm not online!

Go back to bed, Melissa. You're seeing things.  ;)

:laugh: :laugh:

Yeah. I'm still here. Long story. I'll tell you about it tomorrow! It's all good!  :D

I can't go back to bed, it's morning here! It's 11!  ;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #132 on: September 04, 2007, 05:19:33 am »
I can't go back to bed, it's morning here! It's 11!  ;D

It is??

Well then! If it's morning there, that means it will be morning here soon!

We're going to bed! Nighty night!  :-*
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2007, 05:29:43 am »
It is??

Well then! If it's morning there, that means it will be morning here soon!

We're going to bed! Nighty night!  :-*

:-* :-* :-*

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #134 on: October 07, 2007, 02:52:29 pm »
It looks like nobody has been posting on this thread so I will bring it back to life. I got my DVD from David and Forever Blue is as good as it was the first time I saw it. Anyway, I just happened to turn on CMT and the movie is on that makes similar use of color. It is called Pleasantville. I have no idea if anything in it with the color has anything to do with Forever Blue, but it is interesting what Wikipedia says about the use of black and white and color in Pleasantville. "Slowly, certain objects begin turning Multicolor, including flowers and the faces of people who have experienced bursts of passion or change." I can definitely see a relationship as things also change to color as Coop and Jimmy come to certain realizations as well. I don't know if everyone has seen Forever Blue yet so I don't want to go into much detail. However, for those of you who did, remember what happens in the very last scene?

And for those who haven't seen Forever Blue, see it, you will not be disappointed.

Jack

mvansand76

« Reply #135 on: October 07, 2007, 03:33:57 pm »
It looks like nobody has been posting on this thread so I will bring it back to life. I got my DVD from David and Forever Blue is as good as it was the first time I saw it. Anyway, I just happened to turn on CMT and the movie is on that makes similar use of color. It is called Pleasantville. I have no idea if anything in it with the color has anything to do with Forever Blue, but it is interesting what Wikipedia says about the use of black and white and color in Pleasantville. "Slowly, certain objects begin turning Multicolor, including flowers and the faces of people who have experienced bursts of passion or change." I can definitely see a relationship as things also change to color as Coop and Jimmy come to certain realizations as well. I don't know if everyone has seen Forever Blue yet so I don't want to go into much detail. However, for those of you who did, remember what happens in the very last scene?

And for those who haven't seen Forever Blue, see it, you will not be disappointed.

Jack

Yeah, that was such a beautiful ending to such a sad story! I loved how they finally turned into full colour at the moment Jimmy remembered Coop for the first time the way they really were, lovers and best friends at the same time, and acknowledged that.

:'(

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #136 on: October 07, 2007, 04:25:37 pm »
Yeah, that scene always gets to me. It's kind of like you wish it could somehow last forever. And I guess in a way it does. Maybe that acceptance by Jimmy finally comes full circle and that is what the full color represents. The passion and the change of accepting. Too bad it was too late. Too bad it didn't happen when Coop told Jimmy, "we are the lucky ones." Guess Jimmy knew in that last scene that they truly were the lucky ones.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2008, 02:26:16 am »
just incase anyone is interested, there is a cold case episode called "best friends" in season 2.  it's about two lesbians in the 1930's, and one of them is in denial about her sexuality, even up into her old age.
not sure if it's as good as "forever blue', but it's worth seeing for anyone who likes the show....or the story line.

:)

forsythia

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #138 on: January 26, 2009, 03:29:18 pm »
Anybody see last night's episode (Sun., Jan. 25)?

Spoiler Alert!

Back in 1964, one of the characters got caught by his son when he was having sex with another guy in the bushes of a local park.

There was also a very specific Philadelphia reference in the episode, too, which is nice, considering that the show is set here in Philadelphia. At any rate, at one point Det. Rush made reference to the suspect getting tickets for loitering in Judy Garland Park.

"Judy Garland Park" is actually a local nickname for an area of what is officially known as Schylkill River Park. The park is located along the Schuylkill River at the western edge of Center City. The area nicknamed "Judy Garland Park" is historically a well-known and notorious gay cruising area--especially late at night, after the bars close. It was also a place to sunbathe in the summer and check out guys in Speedos.  ;D  The city has done some redevelopment of the area in the past ten years, and there is now a dog run on the knoll where I picked up one of my hottest tricks one summer Sunday afternoon years ago. He turned out to be some bigshot in the city tourism bureau; I learned who he was when he showed up on the society gossip page of the newspaper for marrying a woman and moving to California. Go figure. ...  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

retropian

« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2009, 04:19:10 pm »
Anybody see last night's episode (Sun., Jan. 25)?

Spoiler Alert!

Back in 1964, one of the characters got caught by his son when he was having sex with another guy in the bushes of a local park.

There was also a very specific Philadelphia reference in the episode, too, which is nice, considering that the show is set here in Philadelphia. At any rate, at one point Det. Rush made reference to the suspect getting tickets for loitering in Judy Garland Park.

"Judy Garland Park" is actually a local nickname for an area of what is officially known as Schylkill River Park. The park is located along the Schuylkill River at the western edge of Center City. The area nicknamed "Judy Garland Park" is historically a well-known and notorious gay cruising area--especially late at night, after the bars close. It was also a place to sunbathe in the summer and check out guys in Speedos.  ;D  The city has done some redevelopment of the area in the past ten years, and there is now a dog run on the knoll where I picked up one of my hottest tricks one summer Sunday afternoon years ago. He turned out to be some bigshot in the city tourism bureau; I learned who he was when he showed up on the society gossip page of the newspaper for marrying a woman and moving to California. Go figure. ...  :-\

I caught the last 1/2 hr last night. I was kind of pissed off that a gay man was portrayed as an evil, abusive and warped murderer. I didn't detect any message or comment that his behavior might be due, at least in part, by the pressures of trying to pass as straight. Nothing about how societal Homophobia destroys individuals and families. It seems gay people are usually portrayed as evil or effeminate or victims or super-sensitive or neurotic or clowns or closeted, etc.. or some combo of those. Seldom do we see well adjusted and happy (I guess there would be no drama in that).