Author Topic: Cold Case: Forever Blue  (Read 64240 times)

mvansand76

Re: Cold Case: Forever Blue
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2007, 06:16:44 am »
Yeeeh David is gonna watch it today and he is gonna come back and discuss it! :)

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2007, 01:32:34 pm »
It's Philadelphia, I'm pretty sure.  I agree that things wouldn't have been easy for Jimmy and Coop but I do think they had an advantage being city kids that Jack and Ennis never had.  I mean, at least living in a city they were aware of other gay men, the gay life was at least a presence in their world, if that makes any sense.  That's one of the reasons why I think they had a much better chance at taking a shot at being together than Jack and Ennis even did.

yep. I agree. Jimmy and Coop would have had a chance at being happy.

The conversation Jimmy and Coop at the Christening about Jimmy's son becoming something other than a cop may have seemed innocent (similar conversation happens again later in the episode), but to me it reveals the boys beginning to realize that they could be more/different than what people expect of them. It takes that kind of realization to accept oneself as a gay man. I really appreciate that kind of psychological details in the writing.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

mvansand76

« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2007, 01:47:18 pm »
yep. I agree. Jimmy and Coop would have had a chance at being happy.

The conversation Jimmy and Coop at the Christening about Jimmy's son becoming something other than a cop may have seemed innocent (similar conversation happens again later in the episode), but to me it reveals the boys beginning to realize that they could be more/different than what people expect of them. It takes that kind of realization to accept oneself as a gay man. I really appreciate that kind of psychological details in the writing.

It was so interesting to realise at the end of the episode that this first scene happens after they started their love affair. If you didn't know anything about the episode, then it all comes as a surprise. Did you guys notice the way they were standing was next to each other and facing the altar, as if they were gonna get married... :'(

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2007, 02:18:11 pm »
As I and a bunch of others have said, the backyard scene HAS to be well before the christening,because Eileen's just a few months pregnant with the kid she's christening. The christening is almost at the END, time-wise, since Murph tells Sarge about them "right after the christening," and Sarge, what an IDIOT (excuse me) tells McCree...
"sort him out"? "rough 'em up"? Yurg...cops.
When Coop apologizes to Eileen for being late, he's not just apologizing for being late (look at her face,). And his.

Second thoughts:Just because  I told you to go to hell, why did you jump to the conclusion that I wanted you to go there alone?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 11:12:35 pm by twistedude »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2007, 04:22:33 pm »
Just because  I told you to go to hell, why did you jump to the conclusion that I wanted you to go there alone?[/b]

:)
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2007, 05:26:49 pm »
Coop, to Jimmy's 5-year-old son: "Hey--how's my deputy?...Sweetheart." As I and a bunch of others have said, the backyard scene HAS to be well before the christening,because Eileen's just a few months pregnant with the kid she's christening. The christening is almost at the END, time-wise, since Murph tells Sarge about them "right after the christening," and Sarge, what an IDIOT (excuse me) tells McCree...
"sort him out"? "rough 'em up"? Yurg...cops.
When Coop apologizes to Eileen for being late, he's not just apologizing for being late (look at her face,) and when Coop calls Jimmy's son "Sweetheart," the tone of his voice betrays that's he's speaking to the son of his lover (to whom he could never say "Sweetheart" in public--but you can say stuff like that to kids, when you're a close friend of the family. )

Second thoughts:Just because  I told you to go to hell, why did you jump to the conclusion that I wanted you to go there alone?

???

Huh?
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2007, 05:28:29 pm »
Yeeeh David is gonna watch it today and he is gonna come back and discuss it! :)

I didn't make to my Dad's house today. I came down with something, and I'm as sick as hell. Sorry! Just as soon as I get better, I go watch it.  :'(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2007, 05:30:18 pm »
I didn't make to my Dad's house today. I came down with something, and I'm as sick as hell. Sorry! Just as soon as I get better, I go watch it.  :'(

That's OK, don't worry about it, you have something to look forward to now, prepare to cry your eyes out!

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2007, 04:48:56 pm »
David: "Huh?" Have eliminated some stuff. Sorry.

SPOILERS
I've almost finished a story called "The Rookie," from ther POV of the guy Bruno takes out with him the night Coop is killed.

Coop: Bout time.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 11:14:05 pm by twistedude »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2007, 03:29:20 am »
david: Sorry of you didn't understand all my ramblings. Hasve eliminated some, but not all orf the ramblings.

The photocap (yeah, I know this isn't the photocap thread) is fine; someone likied it, which is all any photocapper wants. esp.  from starboardlight.

Jimmy: Have you tried aloe vera?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 11:14:59 pm by twistedude »