Author Topic: Cold Case: Forever Blue  (Read 64694 times)

mvansand76

Re: Cold Case: Forever Blue
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2007, 02:43:03 pm »
Are there any people out there who haven't seen this yet?

If so, please go watch it, you are really missing something!  :-*

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2007, 12:40:28 am »

hey, David and I have kissed and made up--or at least made up---so here I yam again.
SPOILER                                                                                                                                                                                                             
Fact: Both Sarge ande Bruno would have been ordered to take two weeks' sick leave, and would not be allowed to work on the case--Sarge as  Coop's father, Bruno as his partner (without any knowledge of their true relationship). It is possible that Bruno wouold be allowed to do desk work, but  everyone knew they were close friends, so, no.                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Jimmy:...Or the CEO of Bechtel?                  [                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 01:39:09 am by twistedude »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Companyofmen

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2007, 07:52:25 pm »
                   Lines of Communication

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3377092/1/

From the point of view of the rookie Jimmy takes out...the night he doesn't take Coop

Oh--that's me, twistedude.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 07:56:27 pm by Companyofmen »
Reporter to Gandhi: What do you think of western civilization?
Gandhi: I think it would be a very good idea.

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2007, 09:10:51 pm »
I really enjoyed Lines of Communication. I hope there is more of this story to come.

The author's notes at the end of Lines of Communication mention the prayer "Praised be God, and not our strength for’t" (Psalm 115, v1)--which Macpherson paraphrases in his head when he hears that dispatch did not catch Coops final words--is from Shakespeare's Henry V. I cannot recall the Olivier Henry V which I saw in high school, but I do remember 1989 Kenneth Brannaugh's film version. The prayer was cleverly rendered in the form of a spirit-stirring chorus in Latin "Non Nobis Domine" composed by Patrick Doyle. The sound quality isn't great, but you can hear it along with moments from the film at:
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline Companyofmen

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2007, 04:35:31 pm »
Oh, that's so beautiful--I don't care if it was written for the movie or not! (The hell with the 15th century, anyway!)

HEY---after 50 viewings (of Olivier's Henry V!)--I just realized: "Praised be God and not our strength for't" IS a paraphrase of "Non Nobis, domine, non nobis; sed nomini tuo da gloriam") Er, thanks...

People think I see the same movie over and over to catch the subtle nuances--I'm just figuring out whatr's going on!
\
Of coursde, it's Shakespeare's paraphrase, not Olivier's or Brannaugh's

Oh, it's just me, twistedude, again...

Jimmy: Did anyone ever tell you how great you look in black and white?.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 01:08:13 am by Companyofmen »

Offline Companyofmen

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2007, 03:10:12 pm »
Sleep well, you Gorgeous Bastard...

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2007, 05:08:43 pm »
Sequel to Lines of Communication --tentatively Cannoli of the Spring--really?  Yeah, unless Ithink of a better title---in a couple days.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Companyofmen

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2007, 08:50:51 pm »
                      Cannoli of the Spring (1975)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3403328/1/

Sequl to Lines of Communication. It's 8 years later. Macpjherson is working in New York City, and living in the Village. More about Jimmy, Jim, and Coop is also not left out.

I think all three of my stories will be rated T, although I don't promise the last one will...but probably. (Gifts (2006)--couple of weeks.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 09:34:39 pm by Companyofmen »

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2007, 09:07:35 pm »
I love Cold Case but I seem to have missed this episode, any news when it will be rerun? ???

Offline Companyofmen

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2007, 09:54:57 pm »
Cathy: You can OWN it (it's been shown twice, so I doubt they'll show it again). Go to the very first post in this thread *(page 1), and the last thing in it is the download link.

The first time, it takes a while. Just follow directios.

If you have a "documents" file of your own, when the rectangle asking whether you want to open oir save to disk, choose "save to disk" (no disks involved), instead of "open," and you can watch it whenever (and as many times as) you want. But if you don't have your own storage space, chose "open," and I think it'll play thorugh twice.

I had to wait about half an hour--I don't know if there is more traffic orless now.