Author Topic: Happy Birthday to j.U.d.E  (Read 20701 times)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
Re: Happy Birthday to j.U.d.E
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 04:38:42 pm »

" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 07:03:51 pm »
Hello everyone! Thank you for your wishes! It's so cute! Though I cannot see the haloween kitten Kelda!  :(

I received quite a number of e-mails, SMS and phone calls - it's very nice! And I apologize for not being more active, more present in the BM forum. I haven't abandoned! I'm also happy to see that there's still some of the 'old crowd' around, or back.

I haven't seen BBM for many months now - ever since I got the DVD some time in the spring of last year. It's very odd, because I want to watch it again and I know it's sitting there on my shelf, but I kind of fear, that the emotions won't be anymore when I watch it again..

Well, but I have been to the movies a lot and there is some good stuff out there. None will top BBM, but I'm happy to see that there are always some good quality movies to see. I have been ordering quite a few DVDs online (Head On, The Unknown Cyclist, Highway, Parting Glances, Eating Out, Oz (4th season), Heights, The Dying Gaul, Third Man Out, Lilies, Perfect Son, Wings (1st + 2nd season), Riptide (1st season), Madagascar Skin) and more. I haven't watched them all yet, but I particularly liked 'Heights', 'The Dying Gaul' and the 'Perfect Son'. I have yet to discover 'Wings' (I love Steven Weber and Timothy Daly - so it can't but be great) and I'm looking forward to watching the 'Riptide' episodes again (some will be new to me).

In October I started a monthly watercolour workshop and I was very sceptical when I went for the first time (I had a friend pushing me to join). I thought it would mean painting pretty landscapes all the time, but gosh was I wrong! I'm amazed at how much you can 'let off steam' with it. I'm a total beginner, but it's great fun!

In February I will take part in a photo exhibition of my Photo Club. We'll have a rather nice venue this year - in the middle of Brussels. The 'theme' is Brussels.. In February I will also be travelling to Albania for a week, for election observation (I have been doing election observation for 4 years now - once or twice a year). It's lots of work, quite exhausting, but always a great experience!

Well, that was a short 'update' of my life the last few months. I'll have an excuse now, not to post much in the coming weeks..  ;D .. not!

A few new kitty pictures -

SAYIF - October

SAYIF + BROKIE

BROKIE + SAYIF

SAYIF

SAYIF + BROKIE

SAYIF + BROKIE

BROKIE
+
SAYIF

SAYIF - January 2007

j. U. d. E.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 04:03:41 am by j. U. d. E. »
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 07:19:26 pm »
JUDE ~

Your kitties are lovely! 

And your watercolor paintings are very good!  :D
 I love to paint too .. but I mostly do acrylic on thick paper/canvas ..
Great stuff!  :)

moremojo

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 07:24:02 pm »
Now this is one I can be on time for! Bon anniversaire, j.U.d.E.! Very best wishes, from one Brokie to another, on your special day.

:)
Scott
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 06:55:27 pm by moremojo »

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 08:37:09 pm »
j.U.d.E.  !

Happy Birthday!  I brought ya a case of beans, yer favorite! (A hunderd cans!)   I'll ask my new son-in-law to go get 'em for ya....   Ennis, Sweetie, would you mind getting the birthday beans for j.U.d.E?  Thank you, honey, yer as sweet as apple pie and a cherry cake...!

Here ya go, Birthday Girl, don't eat 'em all at once!

Love,

Ma Twist

"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 02:46:26 am »
Lovely pictures of Sayif and Brokie Jude, thanks for posting them!

And are you sure you're a beginner with the paintings? They're very good. Good to hear from you again!  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 11:42:11 am »
Hey Jude! Happy only-one-day-late Birthday!!

It's great to see you here and I LOVE the pictures of your kitties! They seem a little stressed out though; any way you could get them to take a nap once in a while?  ;D

Here's to all your adventures and a beautiful year of love and joy.

Jenny  :-*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, j.U.d.E!!!
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 12:26:23 pm »
Since we're a little late with our birthday wishes, that's your cue to KEEP CELEBRATING!! Happy birthday FRiend JUDE, and have a meeowwvelous time!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 10:27:55 pm »
THANK YOU everyone for your colourful messages! Kelda (I can see the pictures you’ve posted, now! Cuteaaaah! Especially the Pumashirt!), Del, RouxB, Chrissi, Fabienne, Clarissa, Front Ranger, Sashca, Jenny, MoreMojo, Millli, Arad, Anke, Latjoreme.

Cute the big and small kitty pictures..! I have a sweet tooth and all your cake and mini-cake pictures make my mouth water..  :P

Fabienne, I AM a beginner with respect to colour and watercolour. I used to draw a lot as a teen (see below), but my very few attempts at colour painting or colour drawing ended in the bin. I did not like any of it. I have almost stopped drawing now (but not indefinitely, I hope) and this watercolour workshop really gets my creativity going again. The teacher, without knowing me, immediately noticed and commented on my ‘drawing skills’.. *meproud*.. And please hide that Ben&Jerry’s icecream, ‘kay! Do you want me to explode?!  :-X

Sashca! So many beans! So many! And Ennis brought them!? Oooh! Oo..h.. I kept a few cans – for when the going gets tough.. up there on the mountain..

Moremojo, technically you were late with your birthday wishes, ‘cause I got them on the 19th here..  ;D

Milli, during the watercolour workshops we do use and mix watercolour with acrylic and crayon some time. I like acrylic too, but I think I’ve discovered my love for watercolour. What are you painting?

Kelda! Lol! Well, here is proof that my cats DO move occasionally!

I took them tonight:

SAYIF
+
BROKIE

SAYIF

BROKIE

BROKIE

BROKIE

SAYIF

j. U. d. E.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 04:02:33 am by j. U. d. E. »
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 11:05:17 pm »
Jude, you have THE most photogenic cats in the world.  And you make the most of them.

I adore the one of (not sure which) poking at the paintbrush.  May I use it as my avatar for a while?  I will credit you in full.

Did you do those drawings?  Dang, girl, you have big talent.