Author Topic: New thread:- What do you think of Jake Gyllenhaal's comment re worried about . .  (Read 6658 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Dang, Barbara, you had all that at your fingertips? :)  Wow.  Thanks.  

Thanks for the stroll down a year or so ago lane with those quotes.

Offline serious crayons

I've always loved that Heath quote, "I was kissing a human being, with a soul. " What a perfect thing to say.

:)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
I've always loved that Heath quote, "I was kissing a human being, with a soul. " What a perfect thing to say.

:)

I agree....and isnt it a credit to the casting people that they cast two blokes with the attitude that they have....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Marge_Innavera

I think I see something more everytime I see it......when I think of how, the first time I watched it at the theatre, I practically had my hands over my eyes in the tent scenes, compared to now, when I grasp every hand movement, every eye movement, every sigh, and I must admit, watching it for the "lost count" time the other day, I only then first heard Jack say "'its awright"...

When I saw it in theatres, I couldn't see the first tent scene, and couldn't get enough of watching both tent scenes on the DVD - I now think of them as basically one scene with an interlude.

Yep, lost count of the number of times I've seen it too - but this is a movie you can do that with and still be catching stuff you didn't see before. And now I have it in full-screen format, too!

Would love to watch it with a group of Brokies, though.... haven't gotten to do that yet.

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
What I am amazed at thinking about TS2 is that it seems so intimate with only them, but yet there really were all the camera people and sound people and everyone else all around them.  I just am in awe of how Heath and Jake were able to show so much emotion and feeling in just their eyes and tiny moves of their faces with all that actually going on around them..  I think the 'rea'l Ennis and Jack were somehow channeling themselves through them......

I can watch it over and over and over........

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
I found another piece of the quote: “It wasn’t like kissing the butt of a mule.”

Thats funny......

Wonder how many mule butts, Heath has kissed !!!!
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline serious crayons

I found another piece of the quote: “It wasn’t like kissing the butt of a mule.”

Yes, I've always liked that part, too. In fact, that whole Rolling Stone interview is maybe my favorite of the (very few, believe it or not) interviews I've read or seen of Heath.