Author Topic: Larry King tonight: Dominic Dunne about BBM - a repeat?  (Read 2600 times)

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
Larry King tonight: Dominic Dunne about BBM - a repeat?
« on: April 13, 2006, 01:20:02 am »
I was just watching Larry King. Dominic Dunne was on. At the very end, they showed images of Ang Lee winning the Oscar for Best Director, then a series of images where BBM was called for Best Film at various award shows, then a fragment of the lake scene. The whole clip seemed kinda poignant, like "here's a great film that was celebrated all over the place, and yet..."

After those images, Larry King asked Dunne what he thought about Crash winning the Oscar for Best Film.

Dunne said (paraphrasing):"I was surprised Crash won. I enjoyed Crash, it was a very good film, but not a great film. Brokeback Mountain was a great film, in my opinion, it should have won the Oscar."

The show ended on that note. Did anybody see it? Was it a repeat show, does anybody know?
I mean, after all this time, to still talk about BBM on Larry King - not that I think this film doesn't deserve to be talked about - I hope it sticks in people's minds and is discussed forever in the media and everywhere else.

It kinda turned me inside out...

Moni

"Don't be satisfied with a good life. We should demand to live in a better world"

« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 01:59:18 am by monimm18 »
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Larry King tonight: Dominic Dunne about BBM - a repeat?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 01:30:39 am »
It's on at 2 am here, but it says 2006 and doesn't say repeat.  Still not sure, though.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 01:58:46 am »
It's on at 2 am here, but it says 2006 and doesn't say repeat.  Still not sure, though.

Thanks, deedee. I checked CNN's website, and, apparently it's a new show. Woo-hooo! Glad to see BBM is still on the media's minds.

Moni

"Don't be satisfied with a good life. We should demand to live in a better world"
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 09:58:36 am »
Thanks for posting the info, moni - I'm sorry I missed it but glad to hear about it!
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 12:36:07 pm »
I always did like Dunn. Best reason to buy Vanity Fair. Kinda reminds me of a straight Truman Capote.

Does any with an IQ over 100 think Crash is a great movie?. I know, in Hollywood, perhaps the IQ quotient isn't that high, Lee, Ledger, and Jake, Williams, Hathaway aside.  :)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 12:38:57 pm »
Hmm, well my brother is pretty intelligent (a software engineer), and he said that Crash was a better movie than Brokeback Mountain, I think mainly to upset me and rub it in, since siblings are very good at that sort of thing.

I replied. "Oh, you mean the sociology class on antidepressants? The worst choice possible."
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 12:43:26 pm »
Yep, my local alterntive weekly film critic wrote a column recently saying CRASH was the worse film of the five nominated.    I haven't seen MUNICH, but it looks better then the "preposterous crash."

Strange, my siblings hadn't heard of CRASH.  It's the first time my parents said they'd never heard of the winner for BP and their in their late 60's. What's CRASH?  I told them it was a weaker version of COLLATERAL. Now that showed you far what Los ANgles is like. Tommy Cruise being bad!