Author Topic: Assinine Questions  (Read 2917 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Assinine Questions
« on: January 16, 2007, 04:37:12 pm »
Over the weekend the bunch of gathered in West Virginia thought we had reached a point with our discussion of the story that we began consider Linda Higgins. She is the woman at Higgings' Gift Shop where Ennis roots thru the postcards looking for a scene of Brokeback Mountain.

We wondered:

1. When Ennis paid for the postcard, 35 cents, did that include tax?

2. When Linda Higgins throws the sopping wet, brown coffee filter, does she put it in a regular trash can or one of those you have to step on a lever to get the top to pop open?

But there many more assinine questions that a person could ask Annie Proulx about the story...

3. What was the name of Jack's horse?

4. Did L.D. Newsome die changing a tire?

5. Why didn't Alma just put a note in Ennis's creel case saying "I seen you and Jack Nasty making out on the landing, when you get home me and the girls will be gone"?

6. How did Jack know Ennis was in Riverton? Did he sent post cards general delivery to Ennis in every town in the state until he got a responce?

7. Why would Jack be coming thru Riverton? If it was to visit his folks, he would be going waaaaay out of the way to go thru Riverton?

8. Once Ennis turned the high pressure hose on the horse blankets, did he tie them to the frame on the back of his truck and let them air dry?
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Assinine Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 04:54:04 pm »
I love these questions!! Wish I coulda been there so much!! Here is my stab at answers, well, if not answers, then replies.

1. When Ennis paid for the postcard, 35 cents, did that include tax? Yes, there is no tax in Wyo

2. When Linda Higgins throws the sopping wet, brown coffee filter, does she put it in a regular trash can or one of those you have to step on a lever to get the top to pop open? She puts it in the regular trash can, they don't have no fancy trash cans in Wyo

3. What was the name of Jack's horse? Lucky!

4. Did L.D. Newsome die changing a tire? No, he got his ass kicked into next week

5. Why didn't Alma just put a note in Ennis's creel case saying "I seen you and Jack Nasty making out on the landing, when you get home me and the girls will be gone"? Because that would be ungrammatical. Its "The girls and I" not "me and the girls".

6. How did Jack know Ennis was in Riverton? Did he sent post cards general delivery to Ennis in every town in the state until he got a responce? Because he knew Alma's family lived in Riverton and when Ennis married, Alma would want to stay near her family

7. Why would Jack be coming thru Riverton? If it was to visit his folks, he would be going waaaaay out of the way to go thru Riverton? Because he wanted to see Ennis, you dummy!!

8. Once Ennis turned the high pressure hose on the horse blankets, did he tie them to the frame on the back of his truck and let them air dry? I dunno, I'll have to check the truck and see if there's anyplace to tie horse blankets! I'll get back to you on that one.

We must think of some more assinine questions!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 05:26:39 pm »
 :laugh:

Good one guys!

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 05:50:48 pm »
For those of you who have a lot a time to waste, there's a fun game in the I Love the Lighter Side Forum.

Thread's called <The "Ask a Stoopid Question - Get a Stoopid Answer" Game>

and can be found at the following link.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,998.0.html

The last question, dated December 20 has yet ta be answered: "Q: what did the boys have for meals after coming back from the motel (reunion)?"

Any takers out there?
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 06:25:58 pm »
Thanks for reminding me. I love that game!!

But I haveta go to a rodeo first.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 04:23:38 pm »
Maybe the teo threads could be merged, here are some more that occured to me:

(and I made a mistake , the post card was only 30 cents.)

what kind of coffee did ennis' parents drink?

Did Ennis get the brass headed tack at the gift shop too?

How could Jack have killed and eagle?

Did Ennis call the Twists and ask them how to get to their house?

How did Ennis know what they had for boys like Jack in Mexico?

Is the black and blue eagle bar a leather bar?

Why couldn't alma get birth control pills?

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 06:12:22 pm »
Shakes - these are all great "stupid" or assinine questions - however, the game requires that you offer up a stupid answer ta the previous question before ya get ta ask ONE new stupid questions so mergin might not work - though, in my case, sometimes I got a great stupid answer but no follow-up question - maybe I can steal em from here, should I come up with another stupid answer on "The Lighter Side"
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 11:28:18 pm »
I would be happy to cordinate with Lee, I like her answers.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 12:26:52 am »
I would be very happy to coordinate with you too, anytime!! Just say the word, Tru!!