Author Topic: 2007 BAFTA Awards Nominees  (Read 28254 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: 2007 BAFTA Awards Nominees
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2007, 02:17:06 pm »
Sorry I missed the BAFTAs, but thanks, you guys, for the commentary.  Yay for Gustavo!  8)

Here are some nice BAFTA photos found over at LiveJournal:

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline adrian

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2007, 02:26:41 pm »
I couldn't understand what Jonathan was saying most of the time (I never understand what he is saying...), so yeah I thought it was kind of blah. I did miss Stephen Fry, he was hilarious last year!

I agree, he talks too fast.  I hear well, and know that he did have a few funny llines, but nobody wanted to laugh with him.  He lacked charisma.

There were only two of them on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawks back and crawling lights of vehicles on the plain below....they believed themselves invisible.   A. Proulx

Offline adrian

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2007, 02:30:46 pm »
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/merylmarie/BaftaJake2.jpg[/img]   

How is it possible?  He just looks better and better EVERYTIME I SEE HIS PICTURE!!!

Thank you Meryl for these photo's.
There were only two of them on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawks back and crawling lights of vehicles on the plain below....they believed themselves invisible.   A. Proulx

Offline adrian

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2007, 02:36:31 pm »

He said something like "All of them are worthy of getting this guy" sort of gesturing to himself, and then he corrected himself and gestured to the statue and said, "THIS guy, THIS guy, THIS guy."  He's so good at this sort of thing that it's hard to tell whether it was meant to be a joke or whether he flubbed it up and recovered nicely. 

I think it was supposed to be a joke.  From all the interviews I've seen with Mr. G, I noticed what a wonderful sense of humor he has.  It is so unexpected from such a handsome young man, usually they take themselves too seriously.  Jake is very funny and down to earth.

Jake was born in the Chinese Year of the Monkey, and Monkey's are the jokesters, and love to entertain.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 02:42:10 pm by adrian.delmar »

Offline adrian

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2007, 02:38:57 pm »
Wasn't it cute how Jake reacted to yet another Brokeback joke?"

"Thank you Jonathan...."

That was funny too.....with the emphasis on "Thhh..".  And when he rolled his eyes after someone from the audience called out his name, or something.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2007, 02:40:20 pm »
I agree, Adrian, that it was a joke.  

You can see in the clip that the first "this guy" he's pointing to himself, then points to the statue with the other "this guy"s.

Great photos.  

mvansand76

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2007, 02:53:47 pm »
The cameras were ALL OVER HIM the whole night and he wasn't even nominated. I wonder how that must make him feel. I'm not complaining though!  ;)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2007, 02:59:52 pm »
What a beautiful suit Jakey is wearing.  My fashionista co-worker says it looks like "raw silk."  Aren't they all at that level?

And is it actually a deep, dark brown and not black, or is that just the way the sun's catching it.  In any event, *very* nice.   :-*
No more beans!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2007, 03:02:25 pm »
It is so unexpected from such a handsome young man, usually they take themselves too seriously.

Take George Clooney.  Please.   ::)
No more beans!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2007, 03:04:37 pm »

I love this woman!  I'll watch Helen Mirren in absolutely anything!
I hope she gets the Oscar for Best Actress too!  :D

YYuuuuuuummmm!! Hmm..
I was rooting for Daniel here, too bad he didn't win!

Great pix, cheers Meryl! :)