Author Topic: Another clothing question......  (Read 12152 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Another clothing question......
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2007, 03:21:41 pm »

Ennis could not have stayed up there for a long time without food

Ennis strikes me as someone who could go much longer than I feel comfortable between meals.  The story says he decides to not come back to camp for breakfast, once he takes on the job of herder, instead coming back to camp only once a day.

Offline mouk

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2007, 03:29:19 pm »
Ellemeno, I agree with you that he was stoic and used to deprivation. But he did not skip breakfast altogether as he took with him 'leftover biscuits, a jar of jam and a jar of coffee'

What I meant is he could have stayed up there one or two days, but not much more, don't you think?

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2007, 03:34:18 pm »
Ellemeno, I agree with you that he was stoic and used to deprivation. But he did not skip breakfast altogether as he took with him 'leftover biscuits, a jar of jam and a jar of coffee'

What I meant is he could have stayed up there one or two days, but not much more, don't you think?

Agreed. :)

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2007, 03:44:57 pm »
I think Ennis was onlly up there for the day. He does acknowege Jack when he says "See you fer supper." with a "Yep." exactly as when Jack said "You won't get much sleep up there." Jack would not have been wanted not to see Ennis that day. If the sun was out he could have dried his clothes in a couple of hours.
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2007, 03:52:40 pm »
My thoughts too, is that TS2, probably took place, early in the evening, just after supper, and that after the lovemaking, Ennis would have gone back up to the sheep...considering what happened after TS1, when he found the dead sheep, he knew he needed to be up there to guard them thru the night...
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

injest

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2007, 11:51:27 am »
Hi there,

The scene at the camp was shot on a rainy day (looks like) so, most likely, it was just handed to Ennis by one of the crew so Ennis just held on to it. 

What I would like to know is how did the old GMC pick-up driven by Jack when he first barely made it to Aguirre trailer at the beginning of the movie end up with Ennis?  Remember the second meeting after 4 years! 

Pierre -  ???

I always thought it was so sweet that Ennis would only buy trucks that Jack had first...or as close as he could get....first the old GMC then the Ford (the green one he had at the end of the movie)...the same style and model that Jack had at the reunion...he couldn't afford them new so he bought them when he could....

wonder if Jack noticed that and knew what it meant?

squashcourt

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2007, 07:05:38 pm »
Well, I guess it ain't the movie The Devil wears Prada !

Luv,

Pierre -  :D

injest

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2007, 08:13:37 pm »
I have always thought Ennis kills two coyotes: the one with balls the size of apples, and the one that killed the sheep while Ennis was having TS1 with Jack.

Why Ennis was hammerin' the first night, but then jacketless the second: By the time he crawls into the tent for TS1, it's very, very late at night, he's been sleeping directly on the ground, with no fire.  The very next night, for TS2, I picture that they are going to bed basically directly after dinner.  He's been sitting up off the ground by a warm fire, and the sun has only been set for a while.  And they are highly motivated to be wearing as little as possible.

ROTF!!

is this what we are calling it these days?

"Hey Don, you in the mood for a little TS1??"

Don: "huh?"

squashcourt

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2007, 08:41:39 pm »
Something else, that always catches my eye....in one of the campfire scenes, Jack goes to put his booted foot on a rock in the fire, but it keeps slipping off into the actual flames, where he ends up leaving it there.....now that sure would have got hot very quickly....anyone else notice what I'm talking about?

He drank half the bottle of whiskey (most likely Old Turkey bourbon) no wonder his booted foot kept slipping.  :D

Incidentally, regarding jeans - Jack had also a pair of dark jeans besides his blue levis.  Noticed this in the TS2 when lying over Ennis.

I understand Jake did not mind having that scene iin his underwears on but some protested and did not agree with him.  Jake has a better physical built than Heath.  Still, it would have been more effective even without the camera focussing on the lower half of the two.

Pierre -  ;)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 08:47:20 pm by squashcourt »

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2007, 03:27:11 pm »

Jake has a better physical built than Heath. 

Hey, fella, them's disagreein' words!

;)