Author Topic: Respond Here To The Picture Slide Show  (Read 40843 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: BBM Radio Live Broadcast Picture Slide Show
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 03:54:56 am »
Eric, this is so great.  MWA!  I love "Coyotes."  And as others have said, you found songs new to me and already beloved to me that fit so well.  Little did I know when I listened to "Behind Blue Eyes" three billion times in my youth that it would mean Jack Twist to me one day.  Same for "Without You," one of my favorite songs growing up.

And Milli, Milli, Milli, whoo-ee!  That is some seriously high-class entertainment.  Ravishing.  Thank you so much.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 03:58:31 am by Ellemeno »

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 05:34:38 am »
I wasn't able to experience this as intended but just looking through the slides is fantastic - a lot of the created pics and artwork is new to me, and stunning. I will still check out the slides in combination with the music when a new song comes on.  Thank you to everyone involved, what a novel concept and so well done.  You really did the story proud.  Your hard work is more than appreciated.  I can hardly believe how cool it is, another way to experience BBM!  :)  :)  :)
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 06:04:46 am »
That was wonderful Eric.

I just followed the last bit for the second time. Thank you for repeating it once more for us Euros and Aussies. I was able to catch most of it.

You did some awesome work here. The pics matched so well with the songs and the lyrics. I discovered a few songs in a whole new way (Behind Blue Eyes, Everything I Own; never paid attention to the lyrics before and since English is not my native language, I don't have a clue what a song is about unless I listen to it, not only hear it).
And I discovered a few new songs here that I like (Tim MCGraw for example).

I second what nic said, it really is another way to experience BBM. I gave up fighting the tears somewhere along the way...

A big, big Thank You! to you and Milli.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 09:03:01 am »
Dear Eric,

I missed the music here in Oz but have just been through the amazing pics, fighting back tears along the way. Congratulations to you on this wonderful thread. Congratulations too, to Lucise, for your beautiful graphics. You got me good, Lucise!

Much love,

Kerry 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 01:51:13 am »
Thank you so much, Eric, especially for "Coyotes" and "Only Love Can Break Your Heart" (which was written by Neil Young).

And thank you so much, Lucise!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 02:13:06 am »

Eric i didnt get to see and listen to the broadcast, however i have gone throught the
entire thread, from first to last..and loved it...it is so beautiful and soul searching to see
all the pictures and realize the music is so perfectly matched..wonderful and i think you could continue with the thread.                                        janice

Beautiful mind

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 01:49:04 am »
Thank you so much for this outstanding presentation.  On the occasion of our first anniversary forthcoming, perhaps we can find a way to recreate the experience for users in a downloadable presentation available for a limited time.  We'll see what can be done.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2007, 12:35:54 am »
Such beauty, all.  Thank you, thank you.  A thousand times, thank you.

This is my favorite (of a gallery of favorites):

THIS is Jack Twist.  The very essence of trying - trying to be everything he isn't (all the while not realizing that he already is more than most people).  The colors he wears are the colors of this movie.  Tan = Love.  Red = Compromise.  Blue and Black = One's True Self.

No more beans!

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 12:39:15 am »
I agree with you, Barb. I chose this picture to illustrate the Virginian discussion I am having on Anything Goes.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Respond Here To The Picture Slide Show
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2007, 12:47:12 am »
The Wonderful Baycityjohn is workin' hard putting the slideshow to video, as an actual slideshow!  :D :D :D

Here's a sneak peek:  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3518365797160919289

(Be sure to watch it all the way to the end.  :'( )

We are gonna add a few more pictures to the shows.  If you have any pictures you think should be added to the show for certain songs, upload them to photobucket and feel free to PM me with the link.  :D

Thank you Baycityjohn, for all your hard work with this.  You got no idea how much it's appreciated.  :)