Author Topic: WHERE SHOULD WE GO FROM HERE?  (Read 5192 times)

rtprod

WHERE SHOULD WE GO FROM HERE?
« on: April 13, 2006, 11:24:32 am »
Hi to all friends--

Now that BB is pretty much out of the theaters, the DVD is out in the world and we've all succeeded so beautifully at de-throning the retail domination that was Narnia (special thanks to those who secured foreign borders from Crash), what do we do to keep BB "alive" each day?  I'm not talking about in us, 'cause we do that here every sec.   :o

What I'm saying is, how can we keep its profile high and build its legacy as time goes on?  I'm still talking about it to many "regular" people, and that's a great start!

:-*

rt
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 11:28:44 am by rtprod »

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
Re: SO...WHERE SHOULD WE GO FROM HERE?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 11:32:41 am »
Hey rt -

I was thinking about this the other day - I'm still waiting for some major attention for BBM at the MTV Movie Awards, but that'll be over in June.  I think the only thing we can do is to continue to sing the movie's praises to other people and embrace those new fans that have/are yet to discover BBM on dvd.  You know that there are going to be a host of them.  I'm trying not to push people who are unwilling to watch it (e.g. my brother, a couple of my male friends) but at the same time trying to gently encourage it.  I don't know - do you have any ideas?  Maybe you could re-print a review of BBM every couple of weeks or so for the next 5 years in whatever publication it is that you write for?   ;D 
   Cowboys do it better

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: SO...WHERE SHOULD WE GO FROM HERE?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 11:37:32 am »
laxdoctor on TOB has arranged 2-3 showings at theaters in Vancouver and is talking about a film festival. Sounds like a good idea. BTW, BBM is still playing in Denver!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
Re: WHERE SHOULD WE GO FROM HERE?
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 11:38:09 am »
I've been loaning my DVD to all the people that told me they wouldn't watch the movie. So far, I've had a couple of takers and that's 2 more people that have seen it that wouldn't necessarily ever see it. That's my very small contribution.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 11:40:05 am »
Oh another thing that I want to do - somehow convince IMAX to screen it!!!  How great would that be? 

And of course, try to live life with no regrets...easier said than done, but it's a good thing to strive for.
   Cowboys do it better

Offline You-Bet

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 11:45:53 am »

What I'm saying is, how can we keep its profile high and build its legacy as time goes on?

:-*

rt

Well for starters....make more BBM Music Videos! :o

Seriously though, I don't know if there is more we can do other than to just keep the film "alive" through "word of mouth" and trusting that it will find it's way in the world...changing one heart at a time!  

"Brokeback Mountain" will outlive all of us as the landmark film it was/is and will no doubt be discovered and re-discovered by movie audiences for generations to come.   :)

*BBM in IMAX?  Heavenly.         
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 11:56:21 am by You-Bet »

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 04:45:41 pm »
I've been loaning my DVD to all the people that told me they wouldn't watch the movie. So far, I've had a couple of takers and that's 2 more people that have seen it that wouldn't necessarily ever see it. That's my very small contribution.

Well, my sister and my niece are hooked.  I took my copy when I visited, now they bought their own.  And of course my sister admitted she should have seen it in the theater..nobody listens to me.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 07:49:35 pm »

Well I'm volunteering Ray to streak at the next local footy match, completely naked except for a beige Resistol and "I wish I knew how to quit you" scrawled across his bare ass...  ;D

I'll talk to him about that today..
Chut up!

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 09:07:17 pm »
Would love to see an annual screening - maybe a one day event like I'm seeing advertised for Concert video/movies.  Would love to have a special one that is in Calgary, AL, Canada.  (Have no idea what that would cost the distributors & how feasible it would be).

But not Star Trekish - just fans showing up to see it on the big screen again - and maybe gather new ones each time.
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 09:25:01 am »
If the people of Riverton, Wyoming were smart, they'd plan an Annual "Brokeback Mountain Movie Festival".     It would not only pack the theater, but also every motel and hotel in town!      The restaraunts would be hopping, the gift shops would make a fortune.