Author Topic: Recent BBM References - Sam Elliot & BaBa Booey!  (Read 1894 times)

Offline RingerFanatic

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Recent BBM References - Sam Elliot & BaBa Booey!
« on: April 13, 2006, 01:00:05 pm »
Yesterday on Howard Stern they played a BBM spoof called "BaBa Booey Mountain". Basically they just played the trailer music with sound bites of Gary from his phone call to his then girlfriend begging her to take him back. Then they spliced it with some other regular on the show who made mushy love calls to his girlfriend. Put it together and it sounded like the two guys were talking on the phone to each other. It was silly but pretty funny.

And I don't know if this was mentioned, but last week I taped Sam Elliot when he was on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. Did anyone see that? Craig said to him "You've done a lot of cowboys...wait that didn't sound right!" Then that led to a BBM discussion. Craig asked him if he was sick of all the BBM jokes like he was. Sam said yeah, he was...but that he was on a morning radio show somewhere in Middle America and they had a bunch of BBM jokes....so he said THAT part of the world is still not over the jokes. Craig said, "Oh, you mean America? There's New York...AMERICA....then L.A." The audience laughed and Sam said that was true. He said BBM is cool in Hollywood (paraphrasing), but that Hollywood doesn't cater to the rest of the world...and don't put out product for them.  Craig agreed and said Hollywood doesn't respect the rest of the world (or smaller states).

Then he asked Sam if he liked BBM. He said he saw it with his wife Katherine and that they didn't really know what the big "to do" was all about. Now...I couldn't tell if he meant "to do" as in all the jokes and negativity OR all the "to do" of it receiving awards and praise. He did say "It's a beautiful movie. Ang makes beautiful movies...but after awhile I started to get a little tired of watching them drag sheep on their saddles". Craig responded, "hmmmm..that's funny. That's not the part I remember in the movie". (big laugh). Then Sam said the tee pee that they slept in was exactly the kind his father had. He laughed and said, "it's a good thing he didn't live to see this movie!"
He said his father was a "man's man" then grimaced and said "See? You can't even say that anymore!"

So I don't know. I can't tell what his views are. He seemed to like Ang a lot (seeing as how he worked with him on "Hulk")...but I think he's kind of old fashioned in his thinking.