Author Topic: Strange credit  (Read 3226 times)

Offline jaaguir

• Don't Say Much
Strange credit
« on: April 13, 2006, 01:58:24 pm »
Hi

I'm new here, I come from the Imdb boards. I started a thread there, in the Pierre Tremblay board, about some shots that appear in the movie's trailer, but don't appear in the final movie.

Well, yesterday I watched my dvd for the first time, and let it spin until the end, although I wasn't paying much attention to the credits. But by chance I did catch these lines at the end of the cast:

Killer mechanic              name of the actor
Grease monkey            name
Assailant                     name

Wow, 'killer mechanic', what a title for a movie!!! haha.
So these must be the 3 guys that kill Jack on Ennis' mind (I won't go into that old debate) and appear in the quick flashes. Then I remembered that one of the 3 shots that appear in the trailer and not in the movie, showed two mechanics in front of a garage (maybe) looking off camera, and one of them holding a tire iron.

And I guess this shot must be part of a more elaborated death scene that got trimed for the final version. I already read about the triming on other posts, but I didn't make the connection between this and the mechanics shot from the trailer. (The other two missing shots were easily put in the context of the movie). So these are the faces of Jack's killers... (well, hypothetically).

I'm sure many of you knew this credits from the movie's Imdb page (I never bothered to check out the complete cast version), and  had thought about this already, but it just dawned on me. I never identified Jack's killers as mechanics, I just saw them as anonymous random featureless guys, that happened to have a tire iron at hand. Pretty stupid I guess.

Well, thanks for reading

Javi

« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 02:11:34 pm by jaaguir »

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Strange credit
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 04:26:39 pm »
I didn't notice this or think about it, and I always wondered about that shot in the trailer, so thanks for brining this up.

I think the only thing that will satisfy us will be a DVD version with every single piece of film shot, and commentary by Ang Lee and the actors on why the scene was shot and the feeling of everyone involved in the scene at the time.

Thanks!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Strange credit
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 03:14:18 pm »
Interesting development. Over on the CT forum someone posted some pics and one of those pics was Ennis walking past the gas station-the scene that is in the trailer but not the movie. The gas station is in Signal, not Childress, which implies that the gas station guys were not the one's in the Jack beating as has been hypothesized on TOB. Phew! I want to stay in the "agnostic" camp.

O0

Heathen