Author Topic: New Resident  (Read 4415 times)

Offline UntamedFriesian

• Sr. Ranch Hand
New Resident
« on: January 23, 2007, 11:20:38 am »
Hi All   

I am new to this forum.  Just saw BBM for the first time this past weekend, guess I am a little slow on the draw, so y'all have one up on me regarding time in.  Loved the movie and all the actors.  Fantastic love story.  Hope to learn more about navigating around this site, not to computer literate.

Friesian 

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: New Resident
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 11:30:28 am »
Hi All   

I am new to this forum.  Just saw BBM for the first time this past weekend, guess I am a little slow on the draw, so y'all have one up on me regarding time in.  Loved the movie and all the actors.  Fantastic love story.  Hope to learn more about navigating around this site, not to computer literate.

Friesian 

Hi Friesian,

Welcome to BetterMost, glad to have you here!

There are lots of good resources here...discussion, games, pictures, you name it. I am one of the moderators on the fanfic board...when you are ready to read some fanfic, you are welcome to join us. The stories are another way to "complete the story" in  your own life.

We're a friendly bunch. Dive in and join the party!

Leslie
MaineWriter
Moderator, Fanfic
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 11:32:32 am »
Hi Friesian, welcome to the campfire!  Thanks for saying hi.  Just take your time in exploring the site; we ain't goin' nowhere!  ;)

Just let me, or anyone around, know if you have a question.  The mods are in red on the main index page.  They supposedly know the most.  ;)

I recommend a look-see at the Open Forum if you want to discuss the movie, but really all of the Forums are chock full of great stuff.  Hope you enjoy!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 02:28:39 pm »
Hi All   

Friesian 

Welcome!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 02:43:57 pm »
Hi, Friesian!  Welcome to our humble abode.  It's never too late to see this movie for the first time.  Like sfericsf, I'm a firm believer that all us Brokies see it exactly when we're ready to take from it what it has to give to us.  As Eric says, you get out of it what you bring to it.

Geez, I sound like the leader of a cult.  We're really not that scary.  I swear.  :)

No more beans!

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 03:16:47 pm »
As the saying goes, "Better late than never."   :)   Welcome to BetterMost.

Fran

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 07:34:30 pm »
Hi Friesian!

Each time I visit Bettermost, I've seen the member number increasing. It's wonderful! Over a year after the film's premiere people are still drawn to sites like these, wanting to find out more and shere with other Brokies.

Anyway, a very warm welcome!

May I ask why you watched BBM for the first time this past week-end only! It's NOT a criticism, I'm just wondering what took you so long!  ;D  ;D What I really mean is, why now? What made you watch the film? Where you reticent before? Lack of time? No cinema showing BBM in your area? No DVD player? Not bothered, with all the hype and hysteria? What changed your mindlk, if you don't mind my asking, of course.

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 10:31:35 pm »
Yay! Welcolm Friesian! Jump on in-we are a pretty friendly bunch. Don't be shy to just post away and if you need any assistance with anything just ask.

Welcome to the lovefest.

roux

aka  O0

Heathen

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 11:44:34 pm »
I'll join in the chorus of welcomes!  So glad you found your way here!

cheers
Amanda
 :D
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 12:53:52 am »
Hello!  Glad to see you here!