Author Topic: You know you're a Brokaholic when...  (Read 40518 times)

Scott6373

Re: You know you're a Brokaholic when...
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2007, 01:25:21 pm »
Aw, Scott, there there.

Perhaps you're an evolved Broke-aholic.  I can't help but notice that you are here at BetterMost quite often.  Nothing wrong with wanting to discuss other stuff that interests you with all the lovely people around here. 

I think this was part of Phillip's vision anyway;  that we would move on from the story but remain a community. 

Paul

Yeah I leave it up while I'm at work and since I am the Administrator/IT person/plumber/ eberything else you can think of, I can get away with it

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2010, 11:06:46 am »
I knew we have a thread for this! Thank you to the search function ;D.

Wow, this thread has long been dormant. Time to revive it :).

Last night, I saw "Knocked Up" on TV. There's a scene where Katherine Heigl's character and her love-interest have an argument in a bookstore/videostore. They stand in front of a shelf, arguing back and forth, yada, yada, then the guy leaves. Guess what movie we see in the shelf! Bingo! 8)

Even fours years into it, seeing the BBM cover in another movie made me ridiculously happy :D.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2010, 11:15:05 am »
Last night, I saw "Knocked Up" on TV. There's a scene where Katherine Heigl's character and her love-interest have an argument in a bookstore/videostore. They stand in front of a shelf, arguing back and forth, yada, yada, then the guy leaves. Guess what movie we see in the shelf! Bingo! 8)

You've seen this deleted scene, right Chrissi? (It's not on YouTube, so I can't post the video itself.)

http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages/knocked-up-deleted-scene.html

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2010, 11:58:41 am »
You've seen this deleted scene, right Chrissi? (It's not on YouTube, so I can't post the video itself.)

http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages/knocked-up-deleted-scene.html

:o
 :laugh:
That's great! :laugh:

No, I hadn't seen that.

There are two BBM references in Knocked Up then (albeit it's disputable whether you count the deleted scene). One is the scene I described above (where she discussed with Seth Rogen, not the other guy who looks just alike) and then the one you linked.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2010, 12:04:39 pm »
Completely unrelated thought: Paul Rudd, who plays the BIL in Knocked Up, is hot! 8)
Drove me crazy for the whole movie that I knew I had seen the guy before, but didn't know where. He played Phoebe's BF in Friends.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2010, 02:58:02 pm »
You know you're a brokaholic when every night you look at the Brokeback Mountain movie poster and wake up looking at it too cause its hung on the wall right next to your side of the bed.   ;D
I love Brokeback Mountain.  Most of my friends and family do not understand.  Thats why this forum means so much to me.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2010, 05:28:03 pm »
Lol, I have never seen that deleted scene!

Yeah I agree Paul Rudd IS hot! And hes been in soooo many things.. he seems to be the eternal not quite leading guy!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2010, 05:36:12 pm »
Lol, I have never seen that deleted scene!

Yeah I agree Paul Rudd IS hot! And hes been in soooo many things.. he seems to be the eternal not quite leading guy!

But you two know he was the leading man in the successful recent comedies Role Models and I Love You Man, right? Both were enjoyable.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2010, 02:19:20 am »
You know you're a Brokoholic when you still think about Brokeback Mountain every day after four effin years!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2010, 09:17:24 am »
Just this:  the list of people I would get up at 445 am for is short or nonexistent if you leave off Brokies. :)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."