Author Topic: You know you're a Brokaholic when...  (Read 40148 times)

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: You know you're a Brokaholic when...
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2006, 04:00:55 pm »
...I find myself standing like Jack does against the truck every now and then

Next time u do that, get someone to take a picture, please!

YES YES YES
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2006, 07:07:31 pm »
Oh yeah I also say "me neither" now instead of "me either" :)

Me too. And I use "dumbass" as an adjective.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2006, 10:32:38 pm »

When I'm really enjoying a meal, I go "hmmmm..." just like I did at brekky this morning. I indoctrinated a friend into the ways of BBM last night and she got the joke and killed herself laughing. Then said "no more beans".  Unfortunately this friend lives in Melbourne (loooong way from here) and I hardly see her.  :(

When you dress your son in jeans, a white undershirt and chambray shirt (tucked in, black belt), actually ponder which of his shoes look the most like cowboy boots and wonder why on earth he doesn't own a black cowboy hat yet.  I took a photo of him, will post it for your viewing pleasure if you like.. He ain't exactly Jack Nasty but i was so proud..  and then felt horribly guilty and disgusting, like those parents who unload their fantasies and dreams onto their kids and expect to live through them.  My mum saw this outfit and forbid me to let Will leave the house wearing it... lol... (I DID change him, but he looked so cute..)

When you meet a new parent in your classroom and the conversation goes as follows:

Me: Hello, I'm Sheyne. Miss M to the kids... *chuckle*
Parent: I'm Judy.

And you consider saying "Your folks just stop at Judy?"

;D
Chut up!

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2006, 11:37:43 pm »
Hmm? What have I done lately as an expression of my blatant obsession with this movie?

*Still working with Jenny to develop my T-shirt, coming soon to a doorstep near me

*I watched Rodeo on ESPN. No joke. I was flipping through the Tivo guide, saw 'Rodeo' listed, and actually watched it (granted, in the middle of it, I start posting on IMDB on Brokeback's boards). I actually liked the rodeo just because it reminded me of our dearly beloved Jack and Ennis; however -- and laugh all you want, I have a sense of humor -- the baby cows are treated rather cruelly, which I object to.

*I literally cannot handle playing the CD anymore because it brings me down.

*I stole two of those little DVD covers (have no idea what the hell they're called) from Blockbuster. (The cardboard ones that have the DVD cover art on them.) One of them is going in my Brokeback scrapbook; the other will be on my wall next to all of my other Brokeback pictures.
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2006, 01:35:22 pm »
Hey, Sheyne, LOL. My son has outgrown his black cowboy hat, and I'd gladly send it to you if you PM me! It's not a Resistol but....

I'll try to find a picture of him in it.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2006, 01:39:20 pm »
You know you're a brokie when through out the day, you realize that you're make an Ennis face or Jack face.

You know you're a brokie when you know what an Ennis face or a Jack face is.

You know you're a brokie, if you know what a "brokie" is.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2006, 01:43:16 pm »
When you get a blueberry muffin with one single blueberry in it, you take it as a sign of good luck  ;D

lol. i don't remember, did we note the one cherry while discussing it here? I wonder if you made that comment on imdb, people would get it?
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2006, 01:48:41 pm »
When you rent a car and drive 400 miles to see the Aero screening when you don't already have a ticket and have no way of knowing if you're going to get in or not.

One of the best risks I ever took.  Shook Gustavo's hand.

I didn't know you did that. Wow! I remember there were a several people who showed up without tickets, standing around waiting. Actually there were more than several, but then the theater manager came out and told them there wouldn't be any extra tickets and most of them left. but then as they were letting people in, I heard that some of them were actually able to get in. I'm glad you were one of them. I even remember Sarah and Jason talking to someone who came down from SF. That wasn't you was it?

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2006, 03:19:28 pm »
You know you're a brokie when through out the day, you realize that you're make an Ennis face or Jack face.

You know you're a brokie when you know what an Ennis face or a Jack face is.

You know you're a brokie, if you know what a "brokie" is.

Yes! I have thought about starting a thread asking people what their Ennis faces and Jack faces are. I've heard this referred to occasionally, but never seen a whole thread about it. Would you guys contribute yours?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2006, 05:14:28 pm »
I make a Jack face when my Ennis face can't stand it no more.  :-\
"chewing gum and duct tape"