Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 7296 times)

Offline juneaux

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Welcome
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006, 12:34:45 am »
I've read the "5 Stages".   I wish I had only known that they existed when I was in the stage 1!  I feel I'm in stage 5 now but don't know WHAT I should do.  Wanting to make the world a more tolerant/ safer place and actually doing it are two different things.  It may not have been the Academy's Best Picture of 2005 but it has inspired many people to be who they truly are.  Hopefully everyone involved with this movie agrees that influence of that magnitude is worth more than gold statue.
Truth never damages a cause that is just.
~Mohandas Gandhi

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 04:30:38 am »
  It may not have been the Academy's Best Picture of 2005 but it has inspired many people to be who they truly are.  Hopefully everyone involved with this movie agrees that influence of that magnitude is worth more than gold statue.

I know "J"....I found the five stages when I was in stage three I think.  I think I kind of regressed back to stage #1....a couple of times.  Those first few stages are SOOO confusing.  I kind of felt like I was in YO-YO mode. 
And you're right....even though it wasn't the Academy's best picture....I'm sure it's indelibly imprinted in our hearts.  What a wonder....huh?  Who knew? 
You'll find a way...."J"...I have no doubt about that.  I'm convinved that those of us who "GET IT" will never be the same.  I'm not sure what to do yet either.  Whatever it is....I KNOW it will come to me.  Perhaps only in teeeny stages...but it will come!!  Just let that love emanate..."J"!!  Shine on...GIRL!!!    ;D

HUGSSSS.....Nancy
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 11:46:14 pm »
Heya friends,
I like this idea of a women's board.  I'm coming to BBM from a slightly different perspective.  I'm a 30 year old gay woman.  I identify with the specifically gay dillemmas (coming out issues, facing fears, being true to ones self, being fair to one's partner despite one's own fears, etc.) in the film on a deep, deep level.  I also am just floored by how flat-out romantic this film is.  And, it's a wonderful, wonderful relief and a joy to be see a gay romance have such an impact on so many people.  I do understand what people say when they talk about bbm as having 'universal' appeal too.  I love the tension between the film being specifically about a gay issues and being universally about love.  All of these personal reactions are in addition to my deep appreciation for the film as a film (all the details, the thoughtfulness, the directing/cinematography, the writing, the acting, the amazing chemistry between Jake and Heath, etc.).

gotta go for now!
cheers!
Amanda
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline juneaux

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 09:50:45 am »
Welcome, Amanda~

There are some wonderful women participating in this forum and I'm looking forward to your input.

;D

J.
Truth never damages a cause that is just.
~Mohandas Gandhi