Author Topic: The Question of Time: What Was Life Like in 1963?  (Read 86910 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: The Question of Time: What Was Life Like in 1963?
« Reply #150 on: March 25, 2014, 11:38:02 pm »
I've been watching Brokeback Mountain after a long hiatus. One of the quotes that hit me really hard was when Jack said, "I may be back, if the army don't get me." Here's the entire episode, from Moviefanatic.com:

Jack Twist: You gonna do this again next summer?
Ennis Del Mar: Well, maybe not. Like I said, Alma and me's gettin' married in November, so... I'll try and get something on a ranch, I guess. And you?
Jack Twist: I might go up to my Daddy's place and give him a hand through the Winter. But, I might be back... if the army don't get me.
Ennis Del Mar: [pause] Well... I guess I'll see you around, huh?
Jack Twist: [long pause] Right.

Read more movie news at: http://www.moviefanatic.com/quotes/movies/brokeback-mountain/by-views/#ixzz2x2IzoBQr

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline x-man

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: The Question of Time: What Was Life Like in 1963?
« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2014, 05:44:14 pm »
I have come to realize that this is the most heart-wrenching exchange in the whole movie.  This is the moment when their lives could have changed.  If only they had not parted then, if only Ennis had caught it at that moment rather then when he turned off to throw up at realizing what had just happened.  It wouldn't have been too late.  This scene has happened to many of us, and we wised up too late.
Happiness is the lasting pleasure of the mind grasping the intelligible order of reality.      --Leibniz