Author Topic: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!  (Read 1205261 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!
« Reply #2180 on: August 31, 2007, 03:40:29 pm »

Thanks Marie:  I like those little moments...not everything in life is a drama, just sweet times and musings.

I love yours too... :-* :-* :-*

Beautiful mind

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #2181 on: September 01, 2007, 09:32:37 am »
Wow, you guys are doing great stuff lately!

Janice your short ones are little gems.  Cwyby30, Marie is right, you always make us smile.

To all of you, my apologies for disappearing so abruptly.  I didn't abandon you willingly, I'm one of the lucky Midwesterners that took a power hit last week, and when my electric came back my computer didn't, but I'm back in business now.

I'll rejoin you, if I'm still welcome.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2182 on: September 01, 2007, 09:40:01 am »
Of course you are welcome, Clyde! Glad to have you back.

EVERYONE is always welcome at the drabblefest...please join in!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2183 on: September 01, 2007, 09:41:45 am »
Hi everyone,

For today....

• blackout
  • hailstorm
  • "the fire and brimstone crowd"

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #2184 on: September 01, 2007, 09:48:53 am »

I am sorry to hear about your computer woes.  I think all of us can identify with those.  Yikes!!!\
welcome back.  It will be great to hear from you again... :)

And thank you for the kind words.

Beautiful mind

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2185 on: September 01, 2007, 02:52:01 pm »
Clyde! Great to see you, bud.   :) We've missed you.  I'm in the midwest too, but luckily we only had a couple very brief power outages.  Sorry about your computer, but I'm glad you're back in business. 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #2186 on: September 01, 2007, 03:34:28 pm »
                                          Are we alive, or Dead?

"The weather outside is frightful"  that phrase kept running thru Jack's brain.  He and Ennis
had gotten caught in the impending storm as they were attempting to get everything put down for safety and dryness, when the hail hit full force...The lightning and thunder pelted the little tent they were laying in.  But they weren't very concerned by this time with the storm...The fire they were making was so "delightful,"  Ennis was pounding into Jack by this time to the degree that they both were on the edge of a blackout.  The rise in their need and desperation by that time was
all encompassing.  The pleasure was blocking out every other sense they had, except for the those electrically charged and tingling feelings. 
              He wondered as they lay in the aftermath of the coupling, did we get hit by lightning, or was that all us?    "Ennis?"  Jack said, when he could finally find his voice.  "You ok?"  "Yeah why?"  "Just wondered, if we were still alive or if we're dead?"
              "Wonder if that is what is meant by the" fire and brimstone" in the Bible?  If so I'm ready.  Brang it on!"
Ennis chuckled, saying "well if I am dead.  Heaven, or hell?   Its the place  I wanna be. "

« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 09:30:32 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2187 on: September 01, 2007, 08:48:12 pm »

........"If that is what is meant by the" fire and brimstone" in the Bible, I am ready.  Bring it on."
Ennis chuckled, saying "well if I am dead.  Heaven, or hell?   Its the place  I want to be. 

Loved that!  I'm with them, bring it on!   :laugh:

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2188 on: September 01, 2007, 08:53:48 pm »
Daddy's Girl

Ennis saw the pastor and his wife heading toward them, grabbed Junior's hand and crossed the street quickly. 

Junior was quiet for a moment.  "Daddy, what's brimstone?"   

He looked down at Junior, curiously.  "Uh….brimstone?"   

"Whenever Mama wants to go to church picnics, you say we can't go because of brimstone.  Does the pastor have brimstone, is it bad like measles? Sally Harper had measles and was out of school for a long time."

"Mmm….somethin like….how 'bout some ice cream, darlin?"  Damn. Junior never did miss much, and he always had the uncomfortable feeling she knew more than she was saying.

~~~~~~~
100 Words

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #2189 on: September 01, 2007, 09:16:45 pm »

he he lets see him wriggle his way out of this one....     LOL

That disease your doctor wont tell you about!!!

Beautiful mind