Author Topic: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!  (Read 1205296 times)

Offline Rogue

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • "we will be known forever by the tracks we leave"
Re: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!
« Reply #2270 on: September 15, 2007, 02:20:39 am »
Interlude Two

Ennis was in the shower when Jack jumped in.
"Jack what are you doing?" asked Ennis.
"Thought I'd give you a hand," answered Jack as he started to lather Ennis up.
"We really shouldn't be doing this, I have to get ready for work,"said Ennis.
"Doing what?" asked Jack as he lightly kissed and nibbled on Ennis's bottom lip.
After that all thoughts of work and washing flew out the window, or in this case down the drain.  Passion over took them, their kissing became frienzied, hands running all over.  Even though they were together everyday it was always like their first time theiar passion hadn't died.
"Love is a special word, and i use it only when i mean it you say the word to much and it becomes cheap." - ray charles

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2271 on: September 15, 2007, 10:15:28 am »
Morning everyone,

Sorry to be away from the drabblefest for a few days. Life interfered!

For today how about:

• ball point pen
  • balance the checkbook
  • gas can

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Rogue

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2272 on: September 16, 2007, 12:50:20 am »
Jack had been gone for three days, thing was he had left without paying the bills, so now it was up to Ennis.  For the last half hour he had been muttering to himself while looking for a ball point pen.  At this point he was really starting to hate Jackfor leaving himk to do this.  The deal when they ranched up together had been that Ennis would take care of the ranch and its workers, while Jack took care of all the paper work and clients.  Now that Ennis had a pen he was trying to balance the check book, but it just wasn't coming out right,  Finally he decided to leave it for Jack to deal with.
"Love is a special word, and i use it only when i mean it you say the word to much and it becomes cheap." - ray charles

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2273 on: September 16, 2007, 11:19:31 am »
     Mrs. P. tossed Ennis a towel.  “My intuition told me you need this.  I’ve got three sons, I know when a kid wants his privacy.  Ennis, you make a mediocre tyrant, give Wylie the damned towel.”  She turned and went into her tent.
     Wylie stepped from the river.  Water trickled down the inside of his thighs, dripped from the hair around his ankles.  “Water’s cold.”
     “Yeah, I can see.”
     Wylie blushed, wrapped the towel around his waist.  “Didn’t mean no disrespect.”
     “Ain’t gone a shoot the breeze.  When you’re done struttin your stuff, we’ll do what we come to do.”

"Yeah, I can see."    :laugh:  Oh, Ennis.  This is a great series, Clyde.

Interlude Two

....... Even though they were together everyday it was always like their first time theiar passion hadn't died.
No, I don't think their passion ever would.

.....  Finally he decided to leave it for Jack to deal with.
Aww...I hope Jack comes home soon? 

Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Clyde-B

• Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #2274 on: September 16, 2007, 11:21:14 am »
     Ennis finished his coffee, rinsed his cup in the river.  The water rushed in, lathered to a delicate foam, disappeared.  He shook it dry.
     He retrieved the crematory container from the truck.  Cheap cardboard, Jack’s name in pencil, smudged, was this the best Lureen could do?  Mattie Twist deserved better, so did Jack. 
     It felt strange, holding in his arms, in a cardboard box, all that remained of the man that meant more to him than anyone else in his life. 
     Ennis grew impatient.  “Kid, you ready?”  No answer.  “You ready yet?”  He repeated.  “Get a movin.  Times a wastin.”

100 words
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 11:59:19 am by Clyde-B »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2275 on: September 16, 2007, 11:23:55 am »
Let's try these on a chilly Sunday:

• cold snap
  • oatmeal
  • bathrobe

:)
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Clyde-B

« Reply #2276 on: September 16, 2007, 03:10:46 pm »

Mrs. P. jotted notes in her journal with a ball point pen.  Ennis checked the gas can, they had enough extra if they needed it going back.  “Time a balance the checkbook, where’s that kid?” 
     Ennis ducked into the tent.  “What’s takin so long?”   
     Wylie wiped his eyes on his sleeve, took a deep breath.  “Didn’t know this was gone a be so hard.  There wasn’t no funeral.  All this time, I could pretend Jack was still down in Texas, just hadn’t heard from him a while.”  A tear dropped from his eye.  “This is gone a make it real.”

100 words

Offline Rogue

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2277 on: September 16, 2007, 10:26:24 pm »
Ennis had just come out of the bedroom in his bathrobe and was just about to get the oatmeal for his breakfast started when the phone rang.
    "Who the hell would be calling at this hour?" muttered Ennis.
    "Hello"
    "Ennis"
    "Jack"
    "Ennis, I'm coming home today, should be there by tonight, just thought I should let you know, but this doesn't mean things are better between us, cause their not," stated Jack.
    "I been thinking on that Jack, I think we should sit down and talk it through get everything out so we can fix it," suggested Ennis.
    "I agree, see you when I get home," said Jack.

Offline Clyde-B

« Reply #2278 on: September 17, 2007, 09:38:23 am »

When Jack first died, Ennis had spent winter days in his ratty bathrobe, eating oatmeal and dreaming plans for the two of them come Spring.  Then he would remember...  Even now, mornings before he was fully awake, he’d sometimes forget Jack was gone.
     “It feels like losin him all over again.” 
     “We ain’t doin this for us.”  Ennis patted Wylie on the back.  “Just got a stand it.”

The three made their way to the cliff.  In spite of a cold snap, the wind was gentle, sun was bright.   This was the perfect place, if Ennis could time it right.

100 words

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2279 on: September 17, 2007, 12:01:37 pm »
    "I been thinking on that Jack, I think we should sit down and talk it through get everything out so we can fix it," suggested Ennis.
    "I agree, see you when I get home," said Jack.

"....we can fix it,"   :)

The three made their way to the cliff.  In spite of a cold snap, the wind was gentle, sun was bright.   This was the perfect place, if Ennis could time it right.

Clyde, I do believe you're all caught up!  Can't wait to see what Ennis is planning. 

Thanks,
Marie