Author Topic: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!  (Read 1202207 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!
« Reply #2570 on: November 18, 2007, 02:10:58 pm »
Hi everyone!  Some late Sunday prompts:

• consistent
  • weathered
  • mesmerize

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2571 on: November 18, 2007, 08:20:45 pm »
Sustenance

It was a ritual he'd started that first summer, staying awake and watching him while he slept, fixing him in his mind to summon while they were apart.  He may have been more weathered and worn, but he was still the same Jack to him after all these years, and he was still mesmerized by the passion that sprang from within him. 

For it was more than the image of Jack Twist that he carried away with him, it was his passion that he tapped into to replenish his weary soul, the sustenance needed for those long, lonely nights ahead. 

~~~~~~~
100 Words
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2572 on: November 19, 2007, 08:24:26 am »
Morning all,

How about...

• dead leaves
  • frost
  • pumpkin

Have fun...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2573 on: November 19, 2007, 10:23:09 pm »
A + E

November 1963

He could sense that she'd woken, and when she nestled closer looking for warmth, he lay very still, his eyes closed, his breathing shallow.  He heard her rise after a while, and he watched his breath form a light cloud as he exhaled slowly, willing himself to relax, waiting for the clenching in his gut to lessen and the pounding in his head to go away. He turned slowly, and his eyes rested upon the lightly frosted windowpane where she had drawn their initials inside a heart.

He sighed wearily as he turned over and closed his eyes again. 

~~~~~~~
100 Words

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2574 on: November 20, 2007, 04:04:20 am »
Sustenance

It was a ritual he'd started that first summer, staying awake and watching him while he slept, fixing him in his mind to summon while they were apart.  He may have been more weathered and worn, but he was still the same Jack to him after all these years, and he was still mesmerized by the passion that sprang from within him. 

For it was more than the image of Jack Twist that he carried away with him, it was his passion that he tapped into to replenish his weary soul, the sustenance needed for those long, lonely nights ahead. 

~~~~~~~
100 Words

I absolutely love this one Marie...it was wonderful.....so soulful and resigned.

Beautiful mind

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2575 on: November 20, 2007, 01:44:33 pm »
Greetings all!  Some prompts for today:

• shopping spree
  • sensible
  • fluorescent

Marie

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2576 on: November 20, 2007, 09:38:52 pm »
Wrapped in Comfort

He checked his watch, took a peek back at the fitting rooms and started wandering the store aimlessly.  Damn, when Lureen was in the mood for a shopping spree, she meant business.

"Whoever decided to put fluorescent lights in fitting rooms oughta be drawn and quartered.  I swear it had to be a man." Lureen appeared suddenly, frowning when she saw Jack taking a corduroy jacket off a hanger.

"Thought this looked kinda comfortable."

She pursed her lips and shook her head slowly.  "Corduroy?  Nah…now leather would be nice on you – but I just can't picture you wrapped up in corduroy."

~~~~~~~
100 Words

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Autumn Leaves
« Reply #2577 on: November 21, 2007, 12:53:28 pm »
Walking side by side back from picking up the mail, they kicked up the colorful dead leaves littering their driveway. Shivering, Jack stuck his hands in his jacket pockets.

"Damn, it's gettin cold earlier these days, shoulda worn my gloves. Gonna be frost on the pumpkin tonight for sure."

Ennis slipped his left hand into Jack's jacket pocket and curled their fingers together. "Well, I'll warm ya up then, gonna be all over ya tonight for sure."

Jack squeezed the calloused hand holding his, and swallowed to clear the lump in his throat. "Ennis, I swear..."

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
Re: Autumn Leaves
« Reply #2578 on: November 23, 2007, 03:33:47 pm »
Walking side by side back from picking up the mail, they kicked up the colorful dead leaves littering their driveway. Shivering, Jack stuck his hands in his jacket pockets.

"Damn, it's gettin cold earlier these days, shoulda worn my gloves. Gonna be frost on the pumpkin tonight for sure."

Ennis slipped his left hand into Jack's jacket pocket and curled their fingers together. "Well, I'll warm ya up then, gonna be all over ya tonight for sure."

Jack squeezed the calloused hand holding his, and swallowed to clear the lump in his throat. "Ennis, I swear..."

Easy to picture and very sweet.  Thanks.

Marie

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2579 on: November 23, 2007, 03:37:59 pm »
Hope all who celebrated had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Here are some late prompts for today:

• traditions
  • turkey
  • leftovers

Marie