Author Topic: The Athaletic Hotties - Estrogen Version  (Read 6883 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
The Athaletic Hotties - Estrogen Version
« on: January 31, 2007, 04:20:41 pm »
Since the hot cowgirls thread's hey-dey seems to have waned, I've noticed a serious lack of estrogen in Anything Goes, which is completely unacceptable.  ;)

So, here goes!  Feel free to join in!

Lynne
 8)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
Mia Hamm/Affection
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 04:50:58 pm »
The most dominant women's football player of the 1990s, Mia Hamm joined the U.S. national team at the age of 15 and scored her first international goal (against Norway) at 18. In 1991, she was a member of U.S. team that won the Women's World Cup. At the 1995 World Cup, the Americans placed third, but Hamm, who even filled in at goalie in one match, was voted the tournament's Most Valuable Player. At the inaugural women's Olympic football tournament in 1996, Hamm sprained her left ankle in an early match, but skipped only one game. In the final against China, which was played before a crowd of 76,481, Hamm slammed a hard shot that Chinese goalie Gao Hong deflected into the post. Shannon MacMillan collected the rebound and scored the match's first goal. The United States went on to win 2-1. Hamm's ankle was still so sore that she was unable to join her teammates in the post-match victory lap around the field. On March 22, 1999, in a match against Brazil, Hamm scored her 108th international goal to break the career record previously held by Elisabetta Vignotto of Italy. Later that year, Hamm led the U.S. team to victory in the Women's World Cup. The final went to penalty shootout. Hamm did not want to take part, but she was chosen anyway and made the fourth of five goals that won the Americans the title. At the 2000 Olympics, Hamm helped the United States to qualify for the final by scoring the only goal in their semifinal victory over Brazil. The U.S. lost the final to Norway in overtime, but Hamm's play has continued to inspire young players around the world. At the Athens Olympic Games in 2004, Mia Hamm and the American team won the gold medal, beating the Brazilian team 2-1 after extra time.

http://en.beijing2008.com/00/51/article212015100.shtml
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
Mia Hamm in Action
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 05:12:47 pm »
And some photos of Mia in Action:

"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: The Athaletic Hotties - Estrogen Version
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 02:26:37 am »
I'd love to say Mia looks sexy, but this post is being written by a gay man.

I will say she is very cute though!

VERY cute!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 03:09:28 am »
I'd love to say Mia looks sexy, but this post is being written by a gay man.

I will say she is very cute though!

VERY cute!  :D

Cute works for me, David.  It's enough that I think she's sexy!  Tell you what, though.  I don't know if this is general insight into the female brain vs the male brain, or just my own weirdness, but what I find sexy about Mia is her talent.  Talent, intelligence, humour push all the right buttons for me, male or female.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 04:02:45 am »
Cute works for me, David.  It's enough that I think she's sexy!  Tell you what, though.  I don't know if this is general insight into the female brain vs the male brain, or just my own weirdness, but what I find sexy about Mia is her talent.  Talent, intelligence, humour push all the right buttons for me, male or female.

I agree with you Lynne, those are the attributes that interest me in another person too, if they happen to be gorgeous on top of that, well that's just icing on the cake  :D .  I'm straight but I have no problem seeing Mia is sexy.  Personally I just adore Liv Tyler and Molly Parker...go figure.  I think women in general have an easier time see and aknowledging those facets in others without it seeming to threatening their sexuality.  Though I know a couple of gay men from work who think Jada Pinket Smith is all that and a bag of chips and my very straight brother Ted has no problem telling us all about how sexy Tom Brady is.  :D
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 04:36:41 pm »
Two powerful sisters I gotta add .. 8)

Serena and Venus Williams

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 04:45:51 pm »
Yeah, I love Serena Williams. Ashton Kutcher punked her on MTV once and she was a good sport about it.

I'm not too familiar with Venus, but I really do like Serena. She's another very cute woman in my opinion!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Karan13

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Fun loving open minded the future Mrs Depp or Gyll
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 05:56:08 pm »
Hey lynne, mia seems ok , but she`d look much better cleaned up , oops , i find women attractive in a very obvious way i guess , eg Angelina Jolie , Michelle Phiferer { i know i can`t spell } kate winslett , Charlize Theron , Kylie, Madonna , theres just something about these women that i find attractive , and it is above just their stunning looks , seeing them interviewed , just a way they carry therselves i guess. xx kaz
It`s not the breaths you take , it`s what makes you lose one !

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 06:47:48 pm »
I agree with you Lynne, those are the attributes that interest me in another person too, if they happen to be gorgeous on top of that, well that's just icing on the cake  :D .  I'm straight but I have no problem seeing Mia is sexy.  Personally I just adore Liv Tyler and Molly Parker...go figure.  I think women in general have an easier time see and acknowledging those facets in others without it seeming to threatening their sexuality.  Though I know a couple of gay men from work who think Jada Pinket Smith is all that and a bag of chips and my very straight brother Ted has no problem telling us all about how sexy Tom Brady is.  :D

Thanks for replying, Dottie - didn't realize I'd neglected this thread so long.  It was quite the weekend.  ::)
You may be right in general about women feeling less threatened but I don't know - the exceptions make the rule, etc., I guess.  I have a straight female friend who refuses to even entertain the idea of female attractiveness.  Interesting point about Jada Pinket Smith because some of the gay men I know think Halle Berry is *all that*.  Diversity is what makes life interesting, I say.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."