Author Topic: Little Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe) isn't so little anymore...  (Read 12153 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Little Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe) isn't so little anymore...
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2007, 09:54:44 pm »
My understanding from a friend in the know, is that the age of consent in GB is 16; so Dan is plenty old enough to make this choice and appear nude in the play.  I personally feel the fact that so many people what to stilt this young man's life and career because the character he plays in a "movie" is a role model to their children is all the more reason for him to take on a break out role like this and regain control. He is NOT Harry Potter and he cannot play Harry Potter for the rest of his life.  Anyone who doesn't like it can get themselves a serious reality check :(  JMO

Well said dot and others who have said the same thing.  Dan is an actor.  He's not Harry Potter.  Harry Potter is an excellent role model, Dan Radcliffe however is a normal person who acts for a living.  Parents should be wary of trying to put a role model status on a real human being.  Few can live up to expectations.  And they shouldn't have to.

Dan is showing very mature foresight, aiming his career past Harry Potter into all venues of his art.  I'm impressed with his choice and am pretty hot, waiting for the bootleg photos of his full frontal to make the net.  :P

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Little Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe) isn't so little anymore...
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2007, 11:00:23 pm »
Taking on the Equus role is a very clever move on his part. I admire him for taking it (and I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor do I ever expect to be, a Harry Potter fan).

Can any actor ever really be considered "a normal person"?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.